[3.16] CWC CWDT Volatile Dead Kitava's Thirst [work in progress][works with any spell]

I always loved the playstyle of CWC volatile Dead but with the changes to mana it became almost impossible to do it using Scold's Bridle

So I am working on a new way to do it using Forbidden Rite and Kitava's Thirst combo
This is very much a work in progress. and as a casual player help and ideas are much appreciated.

Videos

How Things Work
Spoiler

We do self damage with FR (or with summon skelaton + Heartbound Loop)
Spells triggered by CWDT now have a mana cost
We increase the mana cost to 100+ for at least 2 spells which we can do by using Archmage support or Voidbringer (I was unable to sustain mana with Voidbringer so I used Archmage)
triggered spells in turn trigger Volatile Dead socketed in Kitava's Thirst

Challenges
Spoiler

Mana:
mana sustain with Voidbringer was impossible for me so I used archmage which requires to have enough unreserved mana (around 800 for me) to have 100+ mana cost. having too much unreserved mana will increase the cost too much and make it hard to sustain
There is also the need for mana recoup from damage which I get from the tree and watcher's eye

Chaos Resistance:
FR deals chaos damage which is based on your max life and chaos resistance
chaos resistance should be just enough to allow 525 damage per hit to trigger CWDT on each cast

sample PoB
Spoiler

This is a very very scuffed PoB showing my experimental character
I actually league started with it and didn't play much to farm currency to the gear and points so the damage is currently lacking but it should has the same potential as the old version while beaning more tanky
https://pastebin.com/zD8Dx2yV
Last edited by ebadr on Nov 9, 2021, 3:04:32 PM
Last bumped on Nov 9, 2021, 11:00:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info