Fps drops+Shader bar spikes

Upping this.

Having similar issues not near as bad as others, but my issues follows suit to these.

The Issue I'm experiencing

Once certain textures/particles start loading in I'll get a ~.5-1s micro-freeze on my game. Everything locks up until whatever the game is trying to load in, loads in. During the micro-freeze, my shader bar and CPU bar both spike very high and go back down to normal readings after the game unfreezes. I've only noticed that the game will freeze when an item will drop, enemy spawns from modifiers/events, Scourge transitions, some spells from enemies being cast. It doesn't happen everytime one of these things happen but it does happen from all of these.

I play SSFHC and I've lost two characters so far to this issue. Kinda killing my mood to play this League currently because I don't wanna spend 4 hours in a campaign and then die in maps because of this issue.

System Specs
===============
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB
Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
===============

Fixes I've tried
-Swapping from Vulkan to DX-11 and vice-versa
-Rolling back my driver update to a previous
-VSync On/Off
-FPS limit to 144/60/uncapped
-Setting all graphics settings to as low/high as possible
-Windowed/Windowed-Borderless/Fullscreen
-Closing all possible running applications except PoE while playing
-Enabling/Disabling Multi-threading
-Clearing my cache
-Re-installing the game
-'Fixes' stated previously in this thread
Up
"
aceKyle wrote:
Up

Try to create another thread, it seems like supports is just ignoring this thread all week. In 3.13 league i think, there was a problem like this, with shaders and texture streaming. There was a very big thread, that was ignored by supports, but on page ≈20 they told all users, to create new threads, because they cant "investigate" the problem in one thread for all people.
Also, they are ignoring another big thread for a week, there is something wrong with ggg supports right now, we just have to wait.
Last edited by AuroraLightning on Oct 27, 2021, 4:24:53 PM
found 64x file in PoE steam directory, feels a bit smoother by starting game by it. Cruel FPs drop and like a lags because of shaders. I'm on rtx 2070 + SSD on Asus Rog.
Newb
"
"
Skathloc wrote:
And i tried all solutions mentioned + complete reinstall. Something really is happening

Can you check, if your nvidia saving cache? I think for me, problem is nvidia shader cache just dont work.

thats all possible locations of nvidia cache, depends on driver version.
But your problem with hideout seems to be something else.

Thats a good idea, even tho i have shader cache on in settings that cache folders seems to doesnt exist :( but i guess thats question for nvidia forums i guess
"
Skathloc wrote:
"
"
Skathloc wrote:
And i tried all solutions mentioned + complete reinstall. Something really is happening

Can you check, if your nvidia saving cache? I think for me, problem is nvidia shader cache just dont work.

thats all possible locations of nvidia cache, depends on driver version.
But your problem with hideout seems to be something else.

Thats a good idea, even tho i have shader cache on in settings that cache folders seems to doesnt exist :( but i guess thats question for nvidia forums i guess

RE after patch and random things (Dx - vulkan)chache folders appears and seems to start working. Bad is i dont have idea how :D
Everyone, who have problems with cache saving (either nvidia, or poe) make sure your %user% folder is in english. My problem with cache saving was cyrillic user folder name.
where should the cache folder be by default? I do not have it either in the game folder or in the user and i have no note about cache_directory in production_Config.ini. I have MOTDcache folder in user and its empty, and i created a folder ShaderCacheD3D11 but nothing is written there.
"
Everyone, who have problems with cache saving (either nvidia, or poe) make sure your %user% folder is in english. My problem with cache saving was cyrillic user folder name.

how to rename user folder? changing user name doesnt help.
deleted the shader caches, switched to vulkan from dx11, don't understand how, but the spikes disappeared, atleast for now

My current problem is that shader freeze the game like 2-5 seconds every new thing load (using ssd)
Tried delete cache, config.ini, graphic set everything disable or lowest, everything highest, lock fps, unlock fps, etc, etc

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info