Fps drops+Shader bar spikes

You can skip the junction link solution because your main disk is SSD, so NVidia Shader Cache are on faster disk.

Small thing but you should move PoE shader cache outside of C:/Users (disk C:/ is fine). Storing game assets in an individual users profile is always a bad idea, even if it's by default. Make a new folder in your Path of Exile folder, name it Shader Cache or whatever and edit the cache_directory in production_Config.ini.

I don't have more ideas how to fix stuff related to shader cache, outside of random solutions that you can do that might fix the issue, but are not always related to shader caches.

[RightMouseButton] on Desktop -> NVidia Control Panel -> Manage 3D Settings -> [Program Settings] -> add or select Path of Exile -> check if [Shader Cache: ON]

Clear NVidia Shader cache.

Delete junk files in \AppData\Local\Temp.

(I saw you use Notapad++) Open production_Config.ini and delete every line that is under [DISPLAY] and run the game. This will start as if it was your first game launch. Usually people delete production_Config.ini file, but I find it annyoing to set the same keybinds/other settings as before.

Add Path of Exile folder and Path of Exile shader cache folder to exceptions in your antivirus/Windows Defender. (I have PoE and PoE shader cache inside H:\Path of Exile, so I added H:\Path of Exile to exceptions).

(lag spikes) Add Path of Exile to Firewall exceptions, because it's not there by default like other games.

Update and install new graphic card drivers through DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller). DDU is used to clean install the drivers.

There are other thing like disabling sounds, it helped people, but playing without sound might feel weird (loot filter etc. sounds stays) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHAem-5JW94
false = disabled

My specs are 256GB SSD, 7300HQ, 1050M, 8GB RAM (2x4GB), 1980x1080 (1935x606 - playing on windowed, fullscreen = more fps), so worse specs than you, but my game plays bad only on very juiced content ( I don't care about 60fps, 20fps on very juiced content is fine). I play with sound disabled, as above.
"
Tortorion wrote:
Spoiler
You can skip the junction link solution because your main disk is SSD, so NVidia Shader Cache are on faster disk.

Small thing but you should move PoE shader cache outside of C:/Users (disk C:/ is fine). Storing game assets in an individual users profile is always a bad idea, even if it's by default. Make a new folder in your Path of Exile folder, name it Shader Cache or whatever and edit the cache_directory in production_Config.ini.

I don't have more ideas how to fix stuff related to shader cache, outside of random solutions that you can do that might fix the issue, but are not always related to shader caches.

[RightMouseButton] on Desktop -> NVidia Control Panel -> Manage 3D Settings -> [Program Settings] -> add or select Path of Exile -> check if [Shader Cache: ON]

Clear NVidia Shader cache.

Delete junk files in \AppData\Local\Temp.

(I saw you use Notapad++) Open production_Config.ini and delete every line that is under [DISPLAY] and run the game. This will start as if it was your first game launch. Usually people delete production_Config.ini file, but I find it annyoing to set the same keybinds/other settings as before.

Add Path of Exile folder and Path of Exile shader cache folder to exceptions in your antivirus/Windows Defender. (I have PoE and PoE shader cache inside H:\Path of Exile, so I added H:\Path of Exile to exceptions).

(lag spikes) Add Path of Exile to Firewall exceptions, because it's not there by default like other games.

Update and install new graphic card drivers through DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller). DDU is used to clean install the drivers.

There are other thing like disabling sounds, it helped people, but playing without sound might feel weird (loot filter etc. sounds stays) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHAem-5JW94
false = disabled

My specs are 256GB SSD, 7300HQ, 1050M, 8GB RAM (2x4GB), 1980x1080 (1935x606 - playing on windowed, fullscreen = more fps), so worse specs than you, but my game plays bad only on very juiced content ( I don't care about 60fps, 20fps on very juiced content is fine). I play with sound disabled, as above.

Thanks a lot for trying to help, I did all you suggest, but it didnt solve the problem anyway, somehow game cant read cache, or just do it too slow, for example: everytime i restart the game and open skill tree, all icons are loading for 0.5-1 seconds, dont know if it's normal, but that happens everytime. Also, how do i know that nvidia shader cache is working? It turned on, but i dont see any nvidia shader cache folder in %temp% and appdata/local/nvidia
I have only these folders:
And also, folder NV_Cache in programdata was last changed a couple weeks ago, there is no new files in this folder since 8th october (the day i installed new driver to play bf6)
So maybe i have to investigatate problems with nvidia shader cache?
Last edited by AuroraLightning on Oct 24, 2021, 12:15:19 PM
Welp, I have no other ideas. Download CrystalDiskInfo and check the health of your SSD. I think you already saw the official help thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3072628
Especially the part about real time scanning, since it was annyoing too.

The last thing is to email support. People were doing it early this year with stuff like Texture Streaming issues. You need to send them your DxDiag.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3052467/filter-account-type/staff/page/1
"
Tortorion wrote:
Welp, I have no other ideas. Download CrystalDiskInfo and check the health of your SSD. I think you already saw the official help thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3072628
Especially the part about real time scanning, since it was annyoing too.

The last thing is to email support. People were doing it early this year with stuff like Texture Streaming issues. You need to send them your DxDiag.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3052467/filter-account-type/staff/page/1

Already checked ssd, its fine
Spoiler

Email support sends to forum as always
What about nvidia shader cache files? Is it ok, that i dont have them?
Last edited by AuroraLightning on Oct 24, 2021, 1:25:10 PM
If the SSD health is fine, there must be something around caches. I'm out of solutions that helped me in the past.

The last meme thing you can do is the edit the production_config.ini

dynamic_resolution_fps=<number> into dynamic_resolution_fps=180

180 because dynamic resolution was changed to be less agressive, you need +- 3 times the value of your current FPS. Using 180 will force the the dynamic resolution effect (pixelated textures) all the time.

But yeah, if skill tree doesn't load that fast, it must be something related to old texture streaming.
Last edited by Tortorion on Oct 24, 2021, 1:41:35 PM
up
up
up
did you try to reinstall game?
bump, same issue here since today my text also glitches like in this picture:

and sometimes the text overlaps itself too, what gives?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info