Poisonous Concoction

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Last bumped on Apr 9, 2024, 1:39:05 PM
Some error with skill, because i take nodes on near hunter skill tree *Plus poison chance* but if i look on icon with skill, its says 40% chance to poison (with out poison support gem)
So why poison chance dont rise? I create this build for launch poe and now dnt know what to do. Sorry, english not native lang, have a nice day.
About my character and progression:
- Poisonous Concoction Pathfinder
- Level 90 Softcore Scourge League
- 5.7k life, 80%+ Spell Suppression, 85% chance to evade
- 16 Watchstones obtained
- Main links are: Poisonous Concoction - Greater Volley - Cruelty - Awakened Vicious Projectiles - Awakened Unbound Ailments - Awakened Void Manipulation
- Other Skills used: Wither Totem setup / Ancestral Protector / Plaguebearer / Shield Charge

Feedback on the skill:
- Pretty nice leveling experience, it was nice to pick up my main skill at level 12 and use it throughout the entire campaign.
- Damage started to feel low compared to other builds I have league started, despite upgrading my flask to almost max as soon as I could. (4500+ out of possible 5222 life recovered)
- With constant upgrading (6L, Awakened Gems) and having to invest into solid defences, the damage stayed decent for a league starter into red maps.
- Boss damage in T13+ is pretty awful, requiring you to stand still and DPS the boss, use plaguebearer, drop 2 wither totems and an ancestral protector,all to do comparably low damage.
- The skill is very strong in scourges with the pathfinder ascendancy thanks to poison proliferation, but I found myself relying more heavily on plaguebearer because of the attack speed issue I believe ruins the skill in the endgame.
- The base attack speed of this skill is far too low. It's extremely difficult to get up to levels where it feels good, with my build capping out at around 3.2 attacks per second with investment, which still felt bad. I constantly find myself somehow cancelling my own attack by trying to move, which seems extremely common on this build compared to other projectile builds I've played which rely on moving and shooting. I run out of mana after cancelling my own attack twice in a row if I don't hit anything, which then stops me attacking further.
- I think this skill would be okay for a slower mechanic, but would desperately like to see a base attack speed buff to make it feel more viable at higher speeds, even if it meant a reduction in added damage.
Hello GGG,

I believe I have found a problem with overlap/stack (poisons), i am using Maligaro's Cruelty - and im only getting power charges <- or am I reading that amulet wrong ?

I have 22 AoE via POB when it is equipped in my chest:
and I throw 9projectiles ->

When I put it in my gloves I get furter 3 in radius combined to 25 AoE

And im still only getting power charges
"
SurvivorSeb wrote:
- Main links are: Poisonous Concoction - Greater Volley - Cruelty - Awakened Vicious Projectiles - Awakened Unbound Ailments - Awakened Void Manipulation
- Other Skills used: Wither Totem setup / Ancestral Protector / Plaguebearer / Shield Charge

Feedback on the skill:
- Pretty nice leveling experience, it was nice to pick up my main skill at level 12 and use it throughout the entire campaign.
- Damage started to feel low compared to other builds I have league started, despite upgrading my flask to almost max as soon as I could. (4500+ out of possible 5222 life recovered)
- With constant upgrading (6L, Awakened Gems) and having to invest into solid defences, the damage stayed decent for a league starter into red maps.
- Boss damage in T13+ is pretty awful, requiring you to stand still and DPS the boss, use plaguebearer, drop 2 wither totems and an ancestral protector,all to do comparably low damage.
- The skill is very strong in scourges with the pathfinder ascendancy thanks to poison proliferation, but I found myself relying more heavily on plaguebearer because of the attack speed issue I believe ruins the skill in the endgame.
- The base attack speed of this skill is far too low. It's extremely difficult to get up to levels where it feels good, with my build capping out at around 3.2 attacks per second with investment, which still felt bad. I constantly find myself somehow cancelling my own attack by trying to move, which seems extremely common on this build compared to other projectile builds I've played which rely on moving and shooting. I run out of mana after cancelling my own attack twice in a row if I don't hit anything, which then stops me attacking further.
- I think this skill would be okay for a slower mechanic, but would desperately like to see a base attack speed buff to make it feel more viable at higher speeds, even if it meant a reduction in added damage.

This. All of this. I league started with PC pathfinder and I'm currently level 85 in yellows/reds but also struggling with ST damage. Super fun and pretty solid with little to no investment through to maps but slowed down pretty quickly after that. Clearing/Scourge is a breeze but bossing takes a while as I run out of mana or cancel my own attacks when I move to dodge. I went a slightly different route for my setup as I'm using witherstep instead of wither totems and deadly ailments instead of cruelty. I tried to max the poison damage and completely ignored the on hit damage except for using it for some slight mana leech. I have roughly the same stats as Seb but I have 4k ish life and about 1k ES.
How does the dot scales with overlap + projectile count from your experiences, 5 Projectiles vs 9 projectiles?

I see almost every build uses only either GMP or Greater Volley.
But a few builds i saw combine both to have 9+ projectiles per throw.

Have not tested it yet but my thought process is that unless you have insane attack speed you can stack the individual poison stacks way faster, sacrificing a low dps support gem, by having simply more potentional overlapping projectiles on a boss.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Nov 13, 2021, 9:05:32 AM
Hi
I thought i would give my 10 cents on this skill After playing it intensely the last couple of weeks in HC scourge.
As a newcomer to poe, scourge being my first true league experience, i rumstation say i really enjoyed the playstyle PC provided me. Having only played necromancer before PC on my pathfinder was exactly the switch i looked for: tanky yet able to put out dmg without the use of ai directed minions. It took through the atlas, got to sirus twice and did a lot of endgame content for the first time before dying to Nashta who got me with 1 shot on only 10% sadly. Good league for me though, i enjoyed it very much. On that note, However, there is one thing i would like to see changed: visibility. The meta using this skill is to get as much aoe as possible using support gems like GMP and volley, and effects increasing aoe. The point is to overlap the area of as many concoctions as possible. But this has the annoying side effect of completely hiding the monster your targeting in a massive Blur of green Fog on your screen. Its literally impossible to see Whats actually happening and you truly must rely on the tankyness of your character to survive whatever attack emerges from that green Fog. And that is how i died, when my 100% spell suppression, 80/80% physical/evade, 34/45% spellblock/block, 100% ele ailment immunity, ghost shroud, and 5.8k/1.5k hp/es wasnt enough. I think the onl realistisk way i would have survived was if i would of have had the visibility to see the attack killing me.

TL:DR: i think a less flashy design of the skill’s visual effects would be good for gameplay. This could also make it easier to determine the degree of overlap.

small suggestion for Poisonous Concoction:

usable with weapons, but doesn't scale weapon damage except maybe claw stats.

conclusion:
1: make this skill gem also usable while weapons are equipped.
2: claws could be the only weapon type that scales with this skill gem.

Thank you for reading.
(I will also posted this skill gem suggestion for the Skillgem "Explosive Concoction")
A
"
SurvivorSeb wrote:

Feedback on the skill:

still this. Dps even with shotgunning feels weak at high levels. Manacost for an attack is extremely high, forcing you to use an enduring mana flask or having enough buffer for 4+ casts of PC (so at least 200+ free mana) with strong mana leech. And even then a flask just feels better, forcing you to sacrifice a flaskslot for your basic rotation. Plaguebearer is your main clear skill, as PC does not provide good AOE.

and the most stupid design: if you don't equip an unusable weapon in mainhand, missclicks can equip dropped white/idntified weapons and disable you main skill. I could say: git gud. But that is still very bad gamedesign.
Current Build: Penance Brand
God build?! https://pobb.in/bO32dZtLjji5
"
tsunamikun wrote:
and the most stupid design: if you don't equip an unusable weapon in mainhand, missclicks can equip dropped white/idntified weapons and disable you main skill.

Autoequipment of items can be turned off in options (found in the "Game" section of the Options panel).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info