I’ve kind of stopped playing, honest, not condescending feedback

Hello all :)
As the title suggests, PoE has lost its charm for me.
But, I do want to give some feedback that hopefully is deemed useful, or at the very least it’s indicative of user experience issues and gameplay design experience, in addition to console specific issues.

I started in the ultimatum league, and quite liked trial master, just generally was charmed by PoE, the building options and my very novice expectations of crafting, gear, etc. had me hopeful for a game where I was in control and wouldn’t be hamstrung by intentional micro transaction driven limitations.

Overall, I learned quickly that the game has an on character inventory system, immediately debilitating my curiosity around builds, carrying “stuff”, etc. equally as alarming was the very small storage tab system in your stash, as well as guild.

My first impressions were, “well… it’s a free game, I’ll buy a supporter pack, I’m having fun”

On the surface this seems reasonable, but also quickly learned anyone who’s serious will be sinking considerable amounts of money into the game and getting mixed results on this return of “donation” to GGG.

I’ll spare everyone the socioeconomic ethics class…

My feedback on inventory: make all items a single unit in size, and all stash tabs the quad size.
Use the detailed view when your inspecting an item.
Currently, the mixed sizes, and immediate filling up of your inventory is annoying at best.
This was very noticeable with two handed weapons, body armor, any 6 socket items. It takes up a massive amount of onscreen space to equal an item unit of 1.
A gem is also a “1” unit item, by comparison.
I realize that they’re meant to be analogous to their real life counterparts, but we’re managing items in a virtual space, and the screen is quite a bit more limited by this skeuomorphic approach.

This is further compounded on console as controllers inputs are treated like your tabbing across items vs using a cursor… which is probably a great point to bring up…

The Controller left thumb stick is a mouse cursor on console in modern games. Most good games actually have cursor use vs trapping users in tables, and creating unnecessary combo button systems.
Console is a pc.
Albeit a crappy proprietary one, but consoles do not benefit from reinventing item selection or cursor movements.
It’s simply not needed.

Ok, I’m actually already over giving feedback.
Damn… I really liked this games potential.

I got bored at yellow and red maps.
It was so repetitive, and I never ever saw an exalted orb.

I never even fully linked my chest, the cost of materials to have 6 links is just ludicrous.
How is burning hundreds of hours in a game that doesn’t explain how anything works, “fun”?
It’s an over the top grind, that felt like a slog.
I’m not trying to be negative, but it just isn’t fun.
Red map rare strong box dropping literally nothing? All the time.
Getting mystery killed on a map by non rendered enemies and your character is t posing and not able to attack? Far too often to be a bug.

I’m down for a grind that rewards, but I never felt powerful, or able to experiment with crafting.
The mats weren’t there, and the punishment for a death in xp was just draconian.

To endure the game only to find out its creators and employees don’t even play it, haven’t completed any challenges of note, or even have interesting builds and guides to share… it bummed me out.

And I’m new.

I really feel for the vets, bc if you’ve been at this for years… GGG should have you on payroll.

Anyway, there are so many bugs, basic ui and uX issues… it just doesn’t seem like GGG is invested in the players or even the game. But that micro transaction tab was always letting me know about something.

Best of luck to everyone sticking it out.

[Removed by Support]

Last edited by Kane_GGG on Sep 4, 2021, 9:55:58 PM
Last bumped on Sep 22, 2021, 7:05:48 AM
Can’t even give honest feedback. “Removed by support “ for holding ggg accountable, and encouraging better testing, gameplay design and telling them to play their own game… LoL. Rip
There are some false assumptions in your feedback. Such as that the employees don't play. Many, many of them do. Are you basing this idea on the lack of challenges listed on their forum posts? Did it ever occur to you that some of them would use separate accounts for their job versus playing? Perhaps to avoid in-game harassment from angry players?

Also... it honestly sounds like PoE might just not be for you.

Not every game is for every person.

You *say* you're down for a grind... but you spent about half your time complaining about various aspects of the grind.

I hope you find whatever you play next more enjoyable.
"
MrSeanG wrote:
Hello all :)
As the title suggests, PoE has lost its charm for me.
But, I do want to give some feedback that hopefully is deemed useful, or at the very least it’s indicative of user experience issues and gameplay design experience, in addition to console specific issues.

I agree with most of your complaints. I'm currently at tier 14 maps and I will not be pushing forward because the journey has been too unpleasant. I'm annoyed by too many things in this game and the head guy in charge seems to have no interest in accommodating casual players like me.
GGG, (Chris Wilson) has indicated they are going to be lessening the grind going forward, making this game a bit more accessible for casual players. With that said, POE is and will remain an anti-casual ARPG. This is meant to be one of the most complex and grindy ARPG's on the market. It's not for everyone, but POE has a very large and loyal player base from around the globe for good reason.

POE has its flaws but the amount of new content at regular intervals in the form of leagues, depth of itemization/skill tree, and outstanding communication with their community are second to none.

Last edited by pbfloyd2112 on Sep 22, 2021, 7:25:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info