Idea for Trade problem.

This will take the console community to step up and do this. Pay only what PC is asking and Only sell what PC market is. Some won't like this because they will lose currency. But I think this is one way to start to curve prices to at least reasonable.
Last bumped on Sep 11, 2021, 2:37:46 PM
This is not how economies work.

Plus, there is literally no way you'd ever get everyone to participate.

And then you're just selling your stuff for cheap, and can't buy what you want, because no one else is selling at PC prices.

There are tons of people who willing to price-fix and do other forms of market manipulation, even to the point of literally scamming people.

As long as those people are around a strategy like this is doomed.

The scammers and price-fixers will just buy your cheap PC-priced stuff and relist it at 20% over what the console prices should be.
"
QQPQ wrote:
This is not how economies work.

Plus, there is literally no way you'd ever get everyone to participate.

And then you're just selling your stuff for cheap, and can't buy what you want, because no one else is selling at PC prices.

There are tons of people who willing to price-fix and do other forms of market manipulation, even to the point of literally scamming people.

As long as those people are around a strategy like this is doomed.

The scammers and price-fixers will just buy your cheap PC-priced stuff and relist it at 20% over what the console prices should be.

True but I was trying to think of a way to change it.
Last edited by seth2474 on Sep 5, 2021, 12:11:45 PM
"
seth2474 wrote:

True but I was trying to think of a way to change it.

Nice thought but as already stated not how markets in general work. However, I already do this in some aspects with most of the more common items but thats simply because of the slow moving market atm(that's practically dead).
What people fail to see with high priceing or in some cases overpriceing is that even if the item is estimated to be a certain value. And it in your eyes is to steep a price for the item you will:
1: buy it anyway because you can afford it and need it for build.
2: not buy it and/or reroll character
In the first case you or someone else buys it and thats that. However, in the latter case there is the issue (assuming no one else is willing to buy it for current markup) of becoming a cost for the seller. Becouse in order to keep the item for longer in to the league he must then either increase his storage or lower the price. If he keeps it for to long the item will in general become harder to sell and the value of the item will be worthless do to how league markets work. Where you at the start have ppl trading alot, until it becomes harder and harder do to there being fewer and fewer actors in the market.

An example would be how there today was a guy in chat posting a replica faruls furr with a vaal orb saying "sense no one wants to buy it and i dont have room for it"
When the fact of the matter was no one at this stage of the league was willing to pay 20ex for it.
So even if you might hate price-fixers you might take comfort in the fact that even if they might have thousands of ex in holdings other then raw exalts most of that will end up worthless (standard) and never get sold. This is much nicer then our current economic system.

Its also one of the reasons i hate click baity YT make money x amount of exalts/h videos. Which isnt allways the case becouse the items need to sell in order for them to be classified as exalts. Before that its just an estimated value.
Please remove mf gear

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info