Righteous Fire visual issues in dark places

Having switched on Righteous Fire for the first time after levelling, I'm having difficulty in dark places seeing anything other than the effect.

It's a beautiful visual in isolation in lit areas (in the hideout for example), but mid combat and especially in dark areas, its emissive circular ground aura is rather burning itself into my retinas. As it's permanent, it draws the eye, especially if tired. The eye adjusts but this makes it harder to see everything else, just like a bright light in a dark room. It's also masking damaging effects because of this.

I tried MTX but they're equally bright or distracting unfortunately, attractive though they are.

This was particularly troublesome in The Desecrated Chambers (Chamber of Innocence), in Act 10. The overall brightness level really draws the eye to Righteous Fire's iridescence, and the blood red damaging effects (floating swords, red spikes and the like) become hard to see and this can prove somewhat fatal. Raising the blood red effects' brightness would just be more neon on dark, and given RF's brightness I'm not sure it would help.

Examples:
(I don't know if these will help. I'm really not assisting matters by hurling meteors at myself, sorry, although I've had no difficulty with these visually without Righteous Fire! Since they are momentary I find the eye "looks past them".)

Standard visual:

With MTX:

Masking damaging effects (I think, it's hard to tell which is part of my issue, but given my regen the health bar is suggestive):

With MTX (the knight approaching me on the left is rather in stealth mode thanks to the visuals):

I would be very grateful for a switch or slider to tone down the effect to 1%, 5%, 10% or 20% of the current. Or perhaps tying the emissive weight to the ambient light level, proportionally?

A heavily toned down MTX could work, although I'm not sure how many others would buy it. (One probably terrible thought, if such a switch applied to all character auras and aura-likes and went down to ~0%, it might solve the odd request I've seen for e.g. the ability to turn off Plague Bringer's cycling green fresnel, and lowering the green of Withering Step would be a bonus. I've also recently seen YouTube advice suggesting turning off MTX during boss fights, which I hope not to follow, and wouldn't help here.)

Love the effect though, artistically. The feel of walking through a dark, grim place with the righteous glow is outstanding. It's just a bit much in combat. Thanks for making a great game.
Last bumped on Aug 31, 2021, 7:54:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info