Pricefixing abuse on Playstaion

Pricefixing has become a huge problem on PS. It is no more like it used to be where 1 or 2 person own a couple of popular items trying to push the price down but now we are talking about a single person owning 90% or more of the items (logbooks, elder orbs etc.) who will drastically underprice the items and not sell for the asking price. Items such as logbooks are at this point no more purchasable as any new ones put up will be ripped of by that person and non will be sold back to other players. It is clearly the same player as one cant offer more than on 1 item due to recent trade to account message blocking one from sending another.
At some point all offers will be rejected or the person just logs off not answering and immediately shrinking the market..
Hunter orbs getting ripped of players by occasionally dropping all to 2ex then being put back up at 7 to 9.
Trading is a horrible experience latly, no matter how much cash one has..

This seems to be a guild effort where one member holds all the items hostage on market to manipulate it.

We need something to counter this, such as trade ban if asking price has been rejected too many times or has not been answerded by an online person within 1h.

please do something..
Last edited by DrNRG999 on Aug 23, 2021, 10:18:55 AM
Last bumped on Sep 14, 2021, 4:15:29 PM
+1 same thing on xbox
100% agree.

The *minimum* solution is to show us player names (with guild) on listed items, so we can see that 27 Nurse cards (out of 50) are all listed by the same person (at different prices, and none will be sold).

The same goes for Fossils and all sorts of other stuff.

I know GGG wants trading to be "hard", but *surely* this is not what they have in mind?

Also, keep in mind that the players hurt the most by this are the new players who get one those "amazing" random drops.

They get a Doctor card out of a stacked deck, and then end up selling it for *half* its actual value because of price-fixing. To the benefit of the price-fixer, because they're the one who bought it.

How do you think that player is going to feel when they find out what happened?

That's the kind of stuff that makes people quit the game.

*Please* do something about it.
Absolutely agree it's ridiculous trying to deal with the market on console they have even locked people out of being able to do the content of the game before for example had issues buying a simple cortex to do a feared in the past that is unacceptable in honesty please address this issue and post also atleast give us some reaction that this has been acknowledged as this is a issue affecting accessibility of content and that's serious.
It's just as blatant on Xbox. Someone keeps grabbing up popular, unique helms and then selling them for 10ex. Well, listing, I should say. I don't see how any of them will sell for 10ex.
"
CHarlacher wrote:
It's just as blatant on Xbox. Someone keeps grabbing up popular, unique helms and then selling them for 10ex. Well, listing, I should say. I don't see how any of them will sell for 10ex.

I think those people are misunderstanding how price-fixing works.

I don't want to put a guide here on how to do it, because we don't need more people doing it the "right" way, but there are clearly some people (on both consoles, and probably PC too) who are *trying* to manipulate the market, but doing a very poor job of it.
Yeah, I've been dying a lot because the invisible mobs and whatnot since Ultimatum. I stop a little, "well maybe I could buy some things to craft and maybe improve my build" NOPE, price fixers, people that literally reject offers after almost an hour, shit like that. It's actually disheartening. :/
It's quite easy to get rid of those price fixers, and making the trade market much better. Too bad GGG do not want to do this.
The solution: If the item are listed as 10c for example, you get it for that price if you offer that, whith the seller not able to refuse...
The game would really be so much better if you got the item asap if offer was equal to asking price. And to making the game even better allow consoles cross trade with pc as the prices on ps are ridicolous in comparsion, and no new beginner friendly at all. But sadly GGG prefer us to be Solo selfound...
Please keep sharing your input, guys. It's nice to know that I'm not mentally ill and there really are price fixers ruining the game for others.
Why GGG will never do jack shit about the trade auction house on any consoles?

The truth is just that: it cost MONEY and time.

Doing nothing is by far the best way to save money. Even hiring a google programmer to simply provide us an efficient way to sort the auction house item is not worth their time and/or money, even if they make double the money that year, its just not worth it...
When a company dont support their own "OFFICIAL" event for ALL of its PLAYERS, they deserve to sink.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info