Last Epoch or Lost Ark?

I am looking for pros and cons for said titles. How do they fare compared to PoE
<3.15 comparisons please.

What are their trademarks why chose one over the other?

-edit-
obviously I am looking for people who played all 3 titles if possible ;)
Don't tell me to quit when I don't like this patch, I already did. More time to spend on the forums

[url]https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/oywp00/oops_i_guess/[/url]
This by far is the best thing I have seen on reddit during this league.
Last edited by Toaru_Majutsu_no_Index on Aug 4, 2021, 11:05:41 PM
Last bumped on Sep 27, 2021, 10:34:43 AM
Past of Epark.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
I am looking for pros and cons for said titles. How do they fare compared to PoE

-edit-
I've only played Last Epoch. It's in early access atm so there's bugs and missing content, story isn't finished. It's slower than PoE pre balance patch 3.15 so i'm not sure if you'd like it if you came from the zoomy streamer speedrun build club. Is class based with 5 or so characters, each one having 4 classes, 1 main and 3 sub classes. 2 characters have dedicated pet classes and a third might have one but that's a subclass that's not in the game so we don't know yet.
"
AldarisGrave wrote:
"

-edit-
I've only played Last Epoch. It's in early access atm so there's bugs and missing content, story isn't finished. It's slower than PoE pre balance patch 3.15 so i'm not sure if you'd like it if you came from the zoomy streamer speedrun build club. Is class based with 5 or so characters, each one having 4 classes, 1 main and 3 sub classes. 2 characters have dedicated pet classes and a third might have one but that's a subclass that's not in the game so we don't know yet.

Thank you for the feedback.

If you had to pick 1-3 defining factors of last epoch, what would they be?
Don't tell me to quit when I don't like this patch, I already did. More time to spend on the forums

"
"
AldarisGrave wrote:
"

-edit-

Thank you for the feedback.

If you had to pick 1-3 defining factors of last epoch, what would they be?

Defining factors are:
- Monsters have clear telegraphs when doing big dmg abilites
- Each skill can be customised , in both performance and behaviour. Thanks to skill trees for almost every skill.
- Crafting is a mixture of item editor and (depending how much affixes already on items) gambling sim. TLDR: It allows to create strong starting items before engaging endgame

Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Thanks for the responses, actually having a blast so far.

I prolly will feel rebuffed once I do reach the endgame, but then again THIS IS AN UNFINISHED PRODUCT, so I should not compare this to PoE, but to PoE before we got 10 acts, I don't think a comparison to before we got a3 is fair.

So far the non-mp part is the grain of salt for me as I used to play PoE in a 3man stack. But from what it looks like it might make it into the game this year, other than that it is feeling pretty refined and has way less stability issues like fps drops for me.

Thank you for your Answers to my question

I've put a few dozen hours in to Last Epoch, but largely just starting over with different classes to save the end game for post-release. I enjoy it and if the end game is fleshed out I could see me moving across from PoE to it - but it's still too early to say.

I played the Russian Lost Ark version for a few hours. It's not an ARPG in the style of D3/PoE/LE - much more of an isometric MMORPG. I will definitely be playing it on EU/NA release but I don't think it will have the longevity of PoE for me.

Basically play both - but they will be lacking in certain respects when compared to PoE for me. LE won't have the content and build variety. LA won't have the Diablo loot model.
"
siden1 wrote:
I've put a few dozen hours in to Last Epoch, but largely just starting over with different classes to save the end game for post-release. I enjoy it and if the end game is fleshed out I could see me moving across from PoE to it - but it's still too early to say.

I played the Russian Lost Ark version for a few hours. It's not an ARPG in the style of D3/PoE/LE - much more of an isometric MMORPG. I will definitely be playing it on EU/NA release but I don't think it will have the longevity of PoE for me.

Basically play both - but they will be lacking in certain respects when compared to PoE for me. LE won't have the content and build variety. LA won't have the Diablo loot model.

So far LE feels pretty much like diablo 2 in a modern look to me, mob density and movement reflect this.
It definitely isn't as fast as PoE used to be, but the mechanics of the game seem to work with the playstyle.
What I do really like about it? So far the visual clarity and that deterministic crafting is somewhat viable....

What I do not like is pressing my quicksilver every 5.2 seconds- YES I DO KNOW I DO NOT HAVE A QUICKSILVER IN THAT GAME. I am still using it.

"
siden1 wrote:

Pretty much this.

Really depends on what OP is looking for. Lost Ark *looks* like it is a substitute for your favourite ARPG but it is actually very very different.
It will convert your forum titles into decorative square badges that use the space next to your forum posts more economically so that you can show off an unlimited number of them at any one time. - GGG, 2018 (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3573673)
people keep saying last epoch isnt as fast as poe was before 3.15

why phrase it like that? its not as fast as poe is now, not even remotely, pre 3.15, post 3.15, its just a slower game. basically every action arpg ever made is slower than poe is right now. it just doesnt suit the narrative so you all keep saying pre 3.15 and ignore the fact that 3.15 didnt change the statement.

last epoch is cool, itll be like grim dawn, a cool, slow, clunky game that we can play and have a lot of fun with for a week once or twice a year when we are burned out on poe.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info