Explosive placement: extremely akward keybind

The keybind to start placing explosives (expedition) is really akward. I am quite certain that it has been shown possible to temporarily override existing keybinds.
Perhaps simply pressing LS would suffice? I don't recall using that either way.
Alternatively allow clicking A/X on the detonator to initiate the placement.
Cheers.
Last bumped on Jul 30, 2021, 8:17:13 PM
Hi.
"
Perhaps simply pressing LS would suffice? I don't recall using that either way.
This bind is used for Blight mechanic that can be running at the same time as expedition.

"
Alternatively allow clicking A/X on the detonator to initiate the placement.
The detonator can be used to start explosions even if you have charges left. So if you placed half of your explosives and exited placement mode interacting with detonator will start the explosion.
Clunky keybind. You often just open up your inventory when slightly out of range from the NPC's.

Clunky stuck in walking anination. Clunky snap locations even when keeping blasts in a path. Cant use whirling blades while planting (I haven't used other movement)

The blast zones should have been like the blight encounter. There should be set locations for bombs. Three locations. One prioritizing remnants, one prioritizing chests and one maximizing chests and remnants. That way the player needs to decide the location and just hit LS.

That way you can skip the difficulty or tackle everything at once.

The problem with pc is that time spent at vendors is wasted. Time spent reading mod enhancers is wasted. On console the time it takes to set up and start the encounter takes far to long and presents it own risks at being semi locked in place/walk path.

The optimal way to maximize loot is to simply skip the mechanic all together and farm the mobs that take no pause in gameplay.
twitch.tv/pieoden
Last edited by Fourmonsters913 on Jul 30, 2021, 1:14:37 AM
Thanks.

"
This bind is used for Blight mechanic that can be running at the same time as expedition.

In such a case does the current bind not overlap anyway, or only on LS release?
Perhaps being near a Blight node could take precedence, and/or multiple LS clicks could cycle the possible UI with a button to cancel.

Hope you find a solution. At least consider changing to LS + some button comfortable to the natural right hand position.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info