League Start Timer Discrepancy

Once again, there is a 1 hour difference between the league start timer on the game screen on console vs the league start timer on the website.

This has happened for at least 4 of the last 5 leagues? Maybe longer.

Which one is real, GGG?

Does the league start in 7 hours and 10 minutes, or 8 hours and 10 minutes?
Last bumped on Jul 29, 2021, 12:20:47 AM
Hi,

For PS4 specifically it uses your system time so it may be incorrect for some players.
"
Adam_GGG wrote:
Hi,

For PS4 specifically it uses your system time so it may be incorrect for some players.

But my system knows what time zone I'm in.

Why is it wrong?

And, AFAICT, it's wrong for literally everyone in the US. At least, every player I've ever asked about it saw the same time displayed, across 3 of the country's 4 time zones.

Also, if using the system time is an issue, maybe consider having it fetch from the same source as the PoE website in the future?

In any case, thanks for answering. I appreciate the interactivity.
Do you mind sharing which time zone you live in?

I'll look into why this is the case since from what I can see it shouldn't be an issue unless players have the wrong time set on their PS4s. It could be Daylight Savings related as well.
"
Adam_GGG wrote:

I'll look into why this is the case since from what I can see it shouldn't be an issue unless players have the wrong time set on their PS4s. It could be Daylight Savings related as well.

I live in Mountain Time in the US.

I used to live in Eastern time, and it happened then too (before I moved).

I have a friend in California (Pacific), who it also happens too.

I do think you may be right about the Daylight Savings mattering.

EDIT: Adam, can you tell us which time is correct? Is it starting in 25 minutes, or 85 minutes?
Last edited by QQPQ on Jul 28, 2021, 7:36:00 PM
"
QQPQ wrote:
"
Adam_GGG wrote:

I live in Mountain Time in the US.

I used to live in Eastern time, and it happened then too (before I moved).

I have a friend in California (Pacific), who it also happens too.

I do think you may be right about the Daylight Savings mattering.

EDIT: Adam, can you tell us which time is correct? Is it starting in 25 minutes, or 85 minutes?

It would have been starting in 25 minutes so you would be an hour behind in that case.
"
Adam_GGG wrote:

It's starting in 25 minutes so you would be an hour behind in that case.

Thanks.

So, at this point, we're 3 minutes out, and there's still no queue, and a "you need to patch error"...

Everything OK?
*Morgan Freeman's narrator voice* No, everything was not okay.
"
Adam_GGG wrote:
Hi,

How long do I need to wait? Also I live in South Korea and using the Australian server.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info