Please update chat filtering

Some truly bizarre things are blocked, while some very offensive things are not.

Why on earth is "played" blocked?

And why is that perfectly valid words that contain fragments of bad words are blocked? Like "midnight".

Please implement safe dictionary whitelisting to allow commonly used Path of Exile terms when used normally (i.e. all lowercase, no spaces, etc).

There are bunch of things named "midnight" in the game, and you can't even ask in chat "WTB Midnight sac frags".

Midnight is not the only example, just the first one that comes to mind.

Also, why is simply putting spaces in between all the letters a 100% flawless way to avoid the filtering?

Like, let's pretend that "puppy" is a really bad word, and is blocked. If I just put "p u p p y" that goes through just fine. Seems very easy to auto-filter any word that matches the banned list but separated by characters.

Also, please add a "chat filter evasion" category to the reporting tool. Or just add "offensive speech". I sometimes feel like thing don't rise to the level of hate speech, and they aren't technically harassing anyone, but still deserve reporting (especially when deliberately evading the chat filter). An example of this would be overly sexual speech evading the chat filter. It's not hate speech. I guess I could label it as "harassment", but it still doesn't seem quite accurate to me.

P.S. If all the haters could whisper me in game so I can put you on ignore, that would be great.
Last bumped on Jul 23, 2021, 6:57:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info