Import Hideouts.

With hideout creation being much harder on console is there a plan to allow us to import pre-decorated hideouts like pc can?
(I know you need the favour, I'm sitting on 50million favour and it's just too clunky of a system on console.)

Last bumped on Jun 29, 2021, 2:58:53 PM
I don't know about XBox, but PS4 currently has no way to allow you to load outside files (at least, I've never heard of one), which is necessary for hideout loading.

I don't expect this feature to be implemented on consoles.

Some of the hideout creators make youtube videos about how they created the hideout, so might be able to follow along with one of those.
"
QQPQ wrote:
I don't know about XBox, but PS4 currently has no way to allow you to load outside files (at least, I've never heard of one), which is necessary for hideout loading.

I don't expect this feature to be implemented on consoles.

Some of the hideout creators make youtube videos about how they created the hideout, so might be able to follow along with one of those.

We can import loot filters, and it exports our character info and items to the main site here.
You 100% should be able to import a hideout.

It's not a major want it's just making hideouts on console it rough because how the targeting system works once you overlap a ton of things it's hard to select what you wanna adjust.
"

We can import loot filters, and it exports our character info and items to the main site here.
You 100% should be able to import a hideout.

But if you look at how Filters work vs how Hideouts work (both on PC), you'll see that PC players also use the site to import Filters, but they use files to import hideouts.

If Hideouts were imported from the PoE website and stored on the PoE servers, like filers are, then yes, we would probably get that functionality.

But hideouts work differently, and I would imagine there are issues with hideouts that don't exist with filters. For example, they might require a much larger amount of space (I haven't actually looked at hideout files, so this is just a guess). They also potentially open up legal issues, for example if someone makes a hideout that might violate copyright law. (If you think that's impossible, go look up PoE hideouts with drawings in them. You can find ones with anime characters and stuff... which would very likely be a copyright violation in some countries, and if GGG were hosting and sharing those files, they would definitely be liable for it).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info