Be very interesting

If we could see the player count drop on 9/23 :)
?

edit: oh, d2 res., don´t think so, meanwhile this is the better game, but maybe some people are willing to pay too much money for just up to date graphics, who knows ?

I am waiting for lost ark, don´t really like the idea to pay money to start a game that changes after I bought it, gets dlc´s that destroy the core game, if you don´t buy it etc..

D3 was the last such game and a big disappointment, so I am not even interested in Last Epoch or Wolcen (actually I was before I found out it is not f2p).
obey - consume - marry and reproduce - submit - watch t.v. - trust the internet - conform - do not question authority - sleep - buy - do not think - die

Force always attracts men of low morality. - Albert Einstein
Last edited by ___Hengist___ on Jun 13, 2021, 7:45:11 PM

D2 Ressurected is basically a better POE.

IF they release it without bugs that is!
Looking forward to it tho, POE has become such a boring and bad game, finally some other ARPG that is worth my time.

Havent played D2 since i was a kid so its basically new to me.
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me.
Pff D2 is pure garbage, I played it for sake of this fairy tale people say and it was so badly balanced. I guess you all played some modded versions with multitude of haks and such with usually range amazon or a summoner, else I don't see it.

D2 is just at most one of earliest game in genre that people know of. For me that is Titan Quest and is way more similar to PoE and actually worthy to revisit given expansion updates received and its platforms expansions.
Think people should stop giving credits so unreasonably.
Last edited by nEVER_BoRN on Jun 13, 2021, 8:55:01 PM
"
nEVER_BoRN wrote:
Pff D2 is pure garbage, I played it for sake of this fairy tale people say and it was so badly balanced. I guess you all played some modded versions with multitude of haks and such with usually range amazon or a summoner, else I don't see it.
This is what I predicted. I'm old enough to remember D2 very fondly, but that was Back In The Day™ when the internet was still in its infancy and a game could be considered well balanced if a 15-year-old of average intelligence couldn't break the game balance singlehandedly in a month playing two hours a day. Today, we live in a world where nolifers play games professionally for 18+ hours a day to audiences of millions who are both receiving and providing information, such that even minor imbalances will be exploited into metagame dominance before the servers even become stable. Even from a solo perspective, today's gamer has learned a lot about theory and fundamentals from these collectivized processes, so as to maintain some relevance within the sea of gaming talent. What passed as epically "balanced" and "challenging" when D2 was released would come off as amateurish balance and childishly easy today.

And there really isn't a great way to win on difficulty these days, either. The real divide between players isn't self-found vs trade, it's self-strategizing vs being one with the previously described hivemind*. Developers can't win both — either your game has enough strategic difficulty to give streamers some pause while being way too much for the no-spoilers player; or it's something a typical player can figure out before getting frustrated, but it's an absolute cakewalk for the person who reads up on all the best strategy online.

I do think PoE's numbers will drop pretty sharply when D3 is released, but they'll probably recoup most of that back one full league season later on league start.

* (There is, of course, a strong correlation between self-strategizing and self-found. Those who refuse to take advice from other players tend to not want their items either.)
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jun 16, 2021, 11:30:23 PM
It's releasing in the last month of the next PoE league when most people have already abandoned PoE until the next one. There likely won't be a huge dip here at launch.

It could impact the next league start to some degree, but I don't know if it will really have the staying power for that. Might depend on how flexible Blizz's official modding support is and how quickly modders are able to push out stuff that keeps people interested and playing. D2 by itself just doesn't have enough going on for today's content-hungry gamers.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.

D2 story, music, art and trailers was really immersing players so they really have found memories no doubt.
When it come to game play well I remember mid game I was joined in lan game, my class experience was like PoE beta and my friend class was like PoE now. Discrepancy of speed and power just blow my mind so all this stubbornness and grind made no sense to me at that point. But when it come to other things it was fun even battle of stubbornness was bearable until that moment I just seen it pointless. I have no doubt people experience is good but its easily spoiled and hard to recover, feel like a fool and what's to blame.
I learned early that you need to guard against spoilers. PoE have its changing structure that keep it some what protected against this hivemind spoiling it but that's rare. How fun some things are can be subjectively made worst by players them self. Balance you love and hate, finding where it brake is like a main focus of modern gaming.
i read the title as tho you were telljng me to be very interesting and was disappointed when I clicked on the thread
"
nEVER_BoRN wrote:
D2 story, music, art and trailers was really immersing players so they really have found memories no doubt.

The Marius cinematics were fucking INSPIRED. That's one thing about D2 I don't think is simply nostalgia goggles.

I am looking forward to how Blizzard will fuck them up in the remake.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jun 29, 2021, 3:22:12 AM
hey look I sorta look like the dude at the Capital Building Invasion

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt. ~Sun Tzu

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info