market system

Hi, I would like to ask/suggest if you are working on any new tool or market system for consoles, our filter is very simple for the variety of mods the game has.
Last bumped on Jun 15, 2021, 10:05:09 AM
It sound to me like you're not aware that our filter (as well as the one on PC) is now Regex compatible, and therefore is *not* simple.

For example, if you'd like to go to the Astral Plate category and want to find a 6-link with over 100 life and at least one single-resist on it, you can do this:

".-.-.-.-.-." "1[0-9][0-9] to maximum life" "(fire res|cold res|lightning res|chaos res)"

Some of that text can be shortened ("chaos res" -> "s res"), but I used the full text to make it easier to understand.
Bro, you Just blowed my mind! Thats amazing!!
I didnt understood that shortened line but i dont care :D

How did you find out? Do you have a link that shows more commands?(IF they exist)
They aren't "commands" per se.

The market still works the exact same way (which is that you can filter items based on their textual representation), but we can now use Regex to do that filtering.

Regex is an extremely powerful text filtering (technically "pattern matching") tool used by Perl, Ruby, and a ton of other programming languages/systems/etc.

There are whole books written about Regex, and most people use it don't have a full understanding of it. I certainly don't claim to. But I *did* use it in my career for many years.

Be aware that not every implementation of Regex is identical, so some things you find online as "Regex" may not work in this context.

But most of them do.

I'll break down the example I gave:

".-.-.-.-.-." = 6L.

This is because the textual representation of an item includes a "sockets" section, where letters represent the color of the sockets, and dashes represent links. A . indicates "one or more of any character". An item with six linked sockets has five actual links, so you use 5 dashes with 6 dots. Technically it's possible this could show a 5L item with another dash later (or earlier) in the description, but it's super unlikely.

"1[0-9][0-9] to maximum life" = 100 through 199 max life.

The 1 is literal, the bracketed 0-9 means an single character in that range. Note that this works with letters too, like [a-e] matches a or b or c or d or e. So, we have a 1 followed by two characters which are both numbers zero through nine. The brackets can also be used with a list instead of a range. [02468] matches a single character which is an even number.

"(fire res|cold res|lighting res|chaos res)" = any single resistance (including 2 or more single resists).

This is an "or" statement, where the vertical bar character (also called a pipe) represents "or". So we have "fire res" OR "cold res" OR "lightning res" OR "chaos res". The parentheses tell it where the boundaries of the or statement are (or also other boundaries for other types of comparative or conditional statements). Note that this search also technically matches *some* double resists, because double resists are written as "fire and cold resistance", etc. Adding a few more characters to the "or" statement would eliminate these double-resist matches, but I didn't deem it worth doing.

The last part of the explanation is the quotes, which separate different items/patterns you are searching for. It is not always necessary. Often a space is sufficient to separate them. But I always use quotes, because then I'm sure of exactly what I'm searching for, instead of accidentally matching something completely different, or even failing to match what I meant to match.

If you google for it, there are LOTS of Regex tutorials and such easily available online.

Also, if you want to familiarize yourself with the textual representations of items, I highly recommend going to pathofexile.com/trade and doing a search for some items in the PC trade league. In the search results, there will be a copy button on each item. It looks like a small stack of paper with a plus in the middle. Once you've copied an item, you can simply paste it into a text editor or word processor to see what the textual representation looks like. This is what the filter on the console trade site (and your stash, vendors, etc) works with.
Last edited by QQPQ on Jun 5, 2021, 11:15:04 PM
thanks for the reply, i really didn't know there were that many options.

But even so it's not the simplest and most effective way for all players, I'm sure it would be more practical to have options instead of a programming language!
Sorry the existing way to find a specific Item is a Bad Joke!

Before typing those sentences correct with the Controller, my possible time to Play flows away.

I Spend Money on PC even Xbox and i Bet i'm Not the only one, so a little Bit Note comfort also in Xbox would be appreciated!
Hello, it be very usefull info but i have few question.
1)How i can search 6 link with colors that i need, for example i find that i can find 6link ".-.-.-.-.-.", and i can to set socket color variants by [rgb](for each color one char) at all positions except first - ".-[rgb]-[rgb]-[rgb]-[rgb]-[rgb]". Is that way to say that i want 3r 2b 1g socket in any order????
2)How can i find cluster jewels with 3 notable passives???
I try quantificators for these two problem but it didnt work.
How cant i tell that i want hightlight cluster with 3 word combination "Passive Skill is"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info