Everyone's favorite scapegoat jpeg space game is on freefly til June 3

Welp. We're coming up on 10 years, and we still have nothing more than a glorified tech demo and a bunch of pretty pixels...

The annual 'military celebration' called Invictus is on right now.

To participate, all you have to do is create an account if you haven't done so already in the last 10 years. {full disclosure: this hyperlink includes my referral link = 5k credits for you, and referral pts for me if you end up buying a package}.

You do NOT have to spend any money on the game to do the free fly, and in fact, I strongly discourage you to do so until you fully do your research. You would only want to purchase a game package if you want to continue to look at pretty pixels after June 3rd.

Hit me up if you have any questions.

o7
"We were going to monitor the situation but it was in the wrong aspect ratio."
Last bumped on May 30, 2021, 5:56:21 PM
Ah this game where the CEO (another Chris) thinks fun is defined by realism (in reality wasting time) like waiting 5 minutes for a train,up to 10 minutes(or more) for a space jump, always respawning and repeating the walking sim chore to get your ship (even more annoying when blown up).

I recently checked back and it's still mainly an uber/traversing simulator with lots of fun gameplay loops missing.

But im glad people still buying into potential than into a finsihed game any time soon.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Too busy with my mid life crisis ride aka the Mamba. It's like a crappier Fer de Lance but with a cockpit that wasn't designed to trigger even the mildest case of OCD.

I migrated to console so no Odyssey for me yet...

But y'all Citizens have fun with your... whatever that program is now.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
I really should install Elite Dangerous...
It's been sitting in my Epic library for a while.
I backed that game back in the beginning and i do visit sometime when one of my more interested friends is telling me about a new patch.
While its currently not much more than a walking flying simulatior, this game has shown me how apple marketing works. when You enter hangar, your ship prep is called, you go inside, start it up, call the liftoff routines etc. I imagine this like opening one of those packets with overpriced phones in them. SO yes, I do unterstand why this "game" still generates money.
Current Build: Penance Brand
God build?! https://pobb.in/bO32dZtLjji5
Haha, yeah. The 'experience' is what lured me in.
I was honestly blown away when I did a freefly in '16.

I had reservations and stayed away from putting money into the Kickstarter cause Chris Roberts already had a reputation for going over budget and not delivering.

But when they finally had an environment up where you could actually pilot a ship, and then they had this slick marketing campaign 'Answer the call' and promises of the single-player Squadron 42 releasing soon, I logged in and got sucked into it.

Getting out of bed; leaving the hab; walking to the metro; getting on the subway to take it to the spaceport; walking through the spaceport to the hangars; retrieving a ship; heading to the pad; getting on board; powering up; asking for permission to depart; setting a route; entering quantum space; nearing destination and the planet looms into view; entering atmosphere and doing a flyover the city; requesting landing clearance; landing; repeat. All of these events occurring seamlessly took me aback. The level of immersion was shocking.

No loading screens (it's all hidden through dynamic loading/culling routines and a lot of elevators...) from port to ship to space to planet to port to ground. It felt so 'real'.

Of course. Five years later, we're no closer to actually seeing Squadron 42, and RSI continues to shell out bigger and bigger ships (with ever growing price tags) that fans continue to open their wallets for.

I mean, it is pretty crazy you have a flyable/pilotable ship like the 890 jump that has a floorplan that is as big as some FPS shooter levels...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info