LL Exsanguinate (Trickster/Gladiator) 15M+ DPS (6M on budget version)

Intorduction

Hello everyone, this is a build guide for Low-Life / Petrified Blood Exsanguinate Scion.

All feedback is appreciated, both on the build itself and the guide. Any questions you may have you can leave them here in the comment section. I will try my best to provide an answer.

Video Showcase
Coming soon TM
I'm still working on improving this build and leveling a bit more and will work on some video showcases later. As for now, this was the smoothest experience I've had working through Acts. I was deathless until a T16 qual/alc map got me at Lv82.

Exsanguinate

Trying out new skills is always interesting. Out of the available, Exsanguinate, Reap, and Corrupting Fever, Exsanguinate has the best clear and game feel.

Why Trickster/Gladiator

The Shadow area has a lot of very strong nodes for this build. Assassin and Sabateour are completely useless for this setup. Trickster gives us a HUGE boost to recovery and frenzy charge generation.

Gladiator is a huge damage increase as the other big increases (culling strike from slayer, extra curse from occultist) can be added on other gear. The extra block ins't terrible either, but we don't really take advantage of it.

The combination of these two give us the optimal offensive and defensive capabilities for both low life and for a damage over time skill.

Pros and Cons

Pros:

+ 2.5K life leech/second + 1.8K life regen/second (additional 750 es regen/second + 400 es leech/second)
+ Very strong clear
+ Ailment Immune (with the right gear setup)
+ Ultimatums are ripe for this build, exsanguinate chains across almost the entire area
+ 1 button playstyle

Cons:

- No regen are rough, leech will keep your life up but mana will be an issue
- less recovery rate is doable as well, but can be very risky
- phys reflect is a no go

Path of Building, Gear and Gem Setup

PoB (lvl 96): https://pastebin.com/B6Gg2uPF
High Investment Version is 16.5M bossing DPS / 12.5M clearing DPS with a white socket gem swap - Note: this is slightly inflated as Punishment only applies on bosses half the time, so its closer to 15M.
Low Investment Version is 5.5M bossing DPS / 4M clearing DPS with no white socket gem swap, but an on-color gem swap is still used

Check the notes as well, I give a price breakdown of the Budget setup (8ex) as well as a 5ex setup and 2.5ex setup. There is an alternate skill tree for a single cluster setup.

For the high budget setup, the notes have a detailed crafting guide as well.

Ascendancy order: Dex/Int and Passive Point - Trickster and Strength/Dex- Passive Point and Path of the Shadow - Passive Point and Gladiator

Bandits: Kill all

Pantheon: Major - Soul of the Lunaris // Minor - Soul of Garukhan
These are my preferred choices although you can adjust according to what you need.

Gearing Information

My Current Gear

Detailed Explanation

Mandatory:
Cold Iron Point x2 - There is nothing that has a similar DPS increase, outside of perhaps some mirror crafts in standard
Thread of Hope - Without thread, it would be too difficult to fit in all the auras.
Glorious Vanity of Doryani - While this isn't mandatory, without it you should not go low life and drop pain attunement.

Helmet: Life and elder mod for increased physical damage and an open suffix to craft ailment avoidance

Body Armour: Warlord influence for +1 to socketed skill gems, some good life, and an open prefix for 10% of maximum life as extra energy shield

Gloves: Life and phyisical damage over time

Boots: Life, speed, and elemental ailment avoidance

Belt: Life and more life

Ring 1: Physical damage leech from a delve ring with some added life

Ring 2: Poachers mark from elder with some added life

Amulet Anoint: Hematophagy is likely the best here. More damage and more leeching. Alternatives are Crystal Skin to cap ailment avoidance, allowing you to drop a small cluster or not need an elevated shaper boot mod, or an increased life node.

Unique Jewels:
Replica pure talent is better than your average jewel, but you can skip this, especially if you need a jewel socket to help cap resistances

Thread of hope allows us to grab 7-8 nodes that would either be too far or have some weak nodes. Note you can grab spiritual aid if you have an extra point and are using a bone helm

Watcher's Eye: There isn't any watcher's eye worth using. You could make some adjustments to fit malevolence in and get a +% damage over time multiplier one, but its expensive and not that significant of a damage increase

Cluster Jewels:
These are pretty big. We want a large 8 passive with Master the Fundamentals and Battle-Hardened. The extra +10% elemental resistances are really helpful. Battle-Hardened is less important, but the increased armour is a good defensive boost. For the node from the suffix, its not as important as you likely won't use it, so just make sure the two nodes you do want are in front of the sockets.

The medium clusters are also pretty strong. The curse one gives us culling strike and increased vulnerability effect. The phyisical damage over time multiplier clusters have a lot of passives that add significant DPS. Note that PoB doesn't know how to calculate Blood Artist. In my PoB it is added as an implicit to the medium cluster.

Small clusters are a crutch. My gear was missing chaos resistances, so I filled it with a strong chaos cluster. I also was missing a bit of ailment avoidance since I didn't have elevated shaper boots and wanted to use a different anoint. Use or don't use these based on how your specific gear rolls. You might have perfect chaos res but need a cluster of an elemental resistance or want to grab some extra life.

Rare Jewels:

% increased maximum life and +% to physical damage over time multiplier are the targets, then fill in with resistances you may need. Global physical damage is also good.

Flask Setup:

Panicked Eternal Life Flask of I'm not sure what suffix would be best here yet.
____ Quicksilver Flask of Adrenaline to keep things moving
____ Silver Flask of Warding curse immunity with some movement and cast speed

Optional Uniques:
Bottled Faith is insane, but expensive. if you don't have a bottled faith, use a sulphur flask of iron skin

Gem Setup

Exsanguinate - Controlled Destruction - Brutality - Efficacy - Energy Leech - Chain (swap Lifetap for bosses, if you don't have a white socket for this you can use Lifetap as a main link and swap Chain and Swift Affliction for bossing, or just not swap)

Curses: Expensive - Awakened Hextouch - Storm Brand - Vulnerability - Punishment (With Low-Life being 50% now, punishment is pretty solid. Also, both Vulnerability and Punishment have the physical and strength tags, so are getting +8 to gem levels from all of the gear.
Budget: Arcanist Brand - Reap - Vulnerability - Increased Duration

Auras on Mana: Pride - Petrified Blood - War Banner - Enlighten Lv4

Auras on Life: Herald of Purity - Vitality - Arrogance - Enlighten Lv3

Movement: Flame Dash (Smoke Mine works too) - Arcane Surge - Second Wind

Defensive: Enduring Cry - Molten Shell - Second Wind (Molten Shell on left-click, enduring cry for emergencies, Immortal Call is good here too depending on your armour)

Alternate Quality gems are not necessary but useful if you are trying to minmax.
Exsanguinate - Both are good, I like increased cast speed as the clear doesn't really need any more help
Divergent Pride - Gives nearby enemies -2% physical damage reduction
Anomalous Vulnerability has increased curse effect
Petrified Blood - I'm not sure which quality is best yet
Anomalous Arcane Surge has increased mana regen (expensive and not very impactful)

Thanks for reading, I hope you give this build a try!
Last edited by Gameover0 on May 14, 2021, 10:47:15 AM
Last bumped on Jun 26, 2021, 1:14:33 PM
Gem links and passive tree updated.

Something I overlooked is the skill effect duration of Exsanguinate when using Swift Affliction becomes so that you will never reach 3 stacks. Definitely don't use Awakened Swift Affliction, but it appears that Energy Leech will be better and give us 3 passive points back to pick up some additional cast speed to ensure we can keep 3 stacks up.
I wanted to get the gear together before I started leveling, and I had some success, especially due to your crafting tips in the notes.

I'm going to barely squeeze by with 1 resist jewel I think :) I didn't count any of my clusters when getting to the cap so we'll see.

I haven't really used meta crafting much in my poe history, but it seemed right the way you explained it rather than spending a bunch on premade crafts.

I've played LL vortex all league, and just haven't been crazy about the clear unless vaal cold snap has been up. It's done the job, just not as well as I normally like for end game. Hoping this is the answer. If not I gave it a good shot!

Thanks for sharing.
Last edited by rhapsodieinblue on May 29, 2021, 8:56:43 AM
Hey there, around a month is gone. do you have already some showcase of your build? how tanky is that while not leeching?

Would be nice to see in difficult situation or endgame mapping and bossing

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info