When you fix the syndicate rewards bug please keep this in mind!!

Please make sure when you fix the syndicate safe house reward bug that members also give triple rewards in the mastermind encounter.

Here is an example to demonstrate why this is necessary:

Let’s say I need Aisling in Research (very common in the current state of the game). On PC, with three encounters per Jun mission, this will take roughly ~10 or so Jun missions assuming you’re running in Haewark Hamlet with +reinforcement watchstones. Therefore, on console it will take ~30 missions to achieve the same result (it is also a significant disadvantage that console players don’t get 3 unique encounter types with each mission, but let’s ignore that for now).

So, if there is only one reward per member in the mastermind encounter, then we have a situation where the new special mastermind tier rewards take 3x the investment and 3x longer to set up for the same reward. This would be very bad for console players as the rewards were not designed & balanced to be this rare. Please make sure this doesn’t happen!

Thank you!!
Last bumped on May 21, 2021, 9:19:11 AM
I see that this unfortunately did not make it in with the update. Is this something the team is working on? Are they at least aware that this is a major issue?

Just to back up my point above, I recently ran >50 Jun missions (no, not exaggerating) in Haework Hamlet with + reinforcement watchstones before I was able to get Aisling r3 in research one single time. This would never happen on PC because there are three unique encounters per mission, which virtually guarantees that the encounter you want (i.e. research) will show up every 1-2 missions. On console, the player can often run 10 missions and never get research. This issue is FAR more important than mastermind progress. Getting 3x mastermind progress on console is completely irrelevant if players are unable to move members to the correct safehouses. Again, the essential core of the betrayal mechanic is getting more opportunities to MOVE members, not getting progress toward safehouses/mastermind.

Getting 3x rewards from members in the mastermind encounter would still put console players at a significant disadvantage since it takes 3x longer to set up and get the reward you want (which is often significantly more valuable to the player now, as opposed to after grinding for weeks) but it would at least allow console players to target farm r4 syndicate rewards at the rate that the rewards were designed and balanced for (albeit only over the long term for dedicated players).

Could we at least get an acknowledgement from the team that they are aware of this major disconnect with the console implementation of the new r4 mastermind rewards?

Thank you!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info