Console NEEDS Cross Platform Trading

I don't know about PS4, but trade league on Xbox might as well be SSF. The extremely common unique items are easy to buy at a reasonable price. However, anything even mildly rare is exorbitantly expensive and uncommon. For example, look at Astral Projector. There are currently two hundred listings on pc according to poe ninja and it's going for 45c. On Xbox, there are exactly FOUR and the cheapest one is 8ex. Buying specific lab enchants/rare anything is impossible and only the most absolutely budget builds are reasonably cost effective. This is disrespectful of everyones time and efforts on console and desperately needs a change.
Last bumped on Jun 8, 2021, 8:11:17 PM
Astral Projector is not "mildly rare". It's one of the rarest items in the game.

And it's only cheap-ish on PC because no one uses it. According to PoE.Ninja, 0.1% of players use it.

Typically, items used by that few players are 1c or 1 alch on PC. But AP is super super rare. So it's 40-50c.
"
QQPQ wrote:
Astral Projector is not "mildly rare". It's one of the rarest items in the game.

And it's only cheap-ish on PC because no one uses it. According to PoE.Ninja, 0.1% of players use it.

Typically, items used by that few players are 1c or 1 alch on PC. But AP is super super rare. So it's 40-50c.

And so you further prove my point. An item that is rare but unused should be worth a reasonable amount. However, when there are so few on the market, demand no longer matters and the price gets out of hand. I guarantee all of those Astral projectors will sit at 10ex on the trade board and never sell, even by the end of the league.

Astral Projector is one small example. Because the playerbase is so small, the rarity of items disproportionately affects their value and thus a players ability to afford them. Basically, to participate in trade league, console players need to work five to ten times as hard to accumulate currency. Mjolner is 15c on pc, but multiple ex on xbox. When is the last time you saw mjolner in a build? Inpulsas is 50c on pc vs 2ex for a lowest rolled inpulsas on xbox. I'd love to re roll characters and try out different builds but it's not an effective use of my time to farm for 60 hours so I can afford a single item.
"
And so you further prove my point. An item that is rare but unused should be worth a reasonable amount. However, when there are so few on the market, demand no longer matters and the price gets out of hand. I guarantee all of those Astral projectors will sit at 10ex on the trade board and never sell, even by the end of the league.

This is just players being stupid. They're so afraid of getting "ripped off" they overprice things, and no one will ever buy it.

It's true that if there were more players, there would be more downward pressure on these prices.

"
Astral Projector is one small example. Because the playerbase is so small, the rarity of items disproportionately affects their value and thus a players ability to afford them. Basically, to participate in trade league, console players need to work five to ten times as hard to accumulate currency.

This is only true if you're not selling things.

If you sell things, you get five to ten times as much for them as a PC player would, which dramatically narrows the affordability gap between the platforms.

Console market basically demands that you sell things if you want to be able to afford to buy things.

"
Mjolner is 15c on pc, but multiple ex on xbox. When is the last time you saw mjolner in a build? Inpulsas is 50c on pc vs 2ex for a lowest rolled inpulsas on xbox. I'd love to re roll characters and try out different builds but it's not an effective use of my time to farm for 60 hours so I can afford a single item.

60 hours? You can earn thousands of chaos in that amount of time, just from Ultimatums.

Look, Console trade market sucks. But PC trade market sucks too, just in different ways.

One example of this is how much more exciting good drops are on console.

Let's suppose you work your way up to killing Shaper (not that hard, but lots of players still need to work up to it), and you drop a Starforge. Wow! Amazing. On PC it's 20c. Congrats. On console, it's multiple exalts.

Chase items are actually chase on console.

I like that better than the PC market, where anyone can buy anything in a few hours of farming, except for whatever gear is in the current hot build of the week, which instantly becomes outrageously expensive, because they have so many players.

If I was a PC player, I'd play SSF, 100% for sure.

Both markets are broken, and it would great if GGG would do something about that, but what we need is a market/trading rebalance and rework, and, like it or not, GGG doesn't usually do bandaid solutions in the meanwhile. They probably won't touch it until they're ready to redo the whole thing.
Console player pricing is the most brain dead thing I see on this game.

I personally undercut the piss out of everything... like good luck to the people trying to sell their 6 link astral plate for 15+ exalts. it's all pure stupidity having your items collect dust in your trade tabs imo.
Even worse, you'll see a stack of 10c going for 90alts, then you'll see stacks of 90alts going for 30c. People on console are clowns.
As someone who played on pc from like 2013 forward until Harb league I can say I 100% hope pc and console never have cross play or cross trade.

Sony/Xbox on the otherhand should already be a thing...
"
As someone who played on pc from like 2013 forward until Harb league I can say I 100% hope pc and console never have cross play or cross trade.

Would you mind elaborating? I don't feel there's much to lose by combining the playerbases.
"
"

Would you mind elaborating? I don't feel there's much to lose by combining the playerbases.

PC is full of bots and rmt.
"
"

What kz said there's tons of rmting and bots.
What you really want is the tencent server auction house. It's like ours but they have a buyout feature where if you pay the asking price it auto accepts the trade of they're offline or not.

People complain about prices on Xbox and sure a lot of stuff do cost a bit more but when it comes to expensive items if a items is like 14ex on Xbox and 7 ex on pc it seems like it's more expensive but then you look at the exalt rates and see the exalts on pc are 200c each while Xbox is maybe 100 meaning they're actually the same price.
Obviously rarer items early on who ever gets them first gets to dictate the price but thats just how the game goes man.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info