Flicker Strike is Still Unusable Years Later

I love the idea of flicker strike. It's fast and chaotic and so much fun. I tried it once back in harbinger league and found it frustrating to use because of desync issues. I thought I'd try it again in ultimatum and found it to be equally terrible to use.

Leveling my current character has been hell because I'll teleport into a pack of mobs, not hit a single one for ten seconds, and then rubberband thirty feet away and instantly die. I've done network tests and my connection is not the issue. After spending about ten painful hours attempting to level this unplayable character, I no longer have the resolve to play this game.

If the skill can't be fixed, it might not be a bad idea to remove it entirely so others don't have to suffer a similar experience.
Last bumped on May 7, 2021, 5:16:08 PM
I agree that Flicker Strike's current state (and past state) on Console is unacceptable.

However, even many PC users suffer problems with it, and it's highly unlikely they will do anything about it.

May I suggest trying out Consecrated Path (often abbreviated "Conc Path") as a somewhat similar playstyle, but which is a bit slower, and therefore usually works correctly?
"
QQPQ wrote:
PC users

Apologies, but i was inexplicably summoned here for some reason. My first time around these parts. Hi console peoples, hope you are all doing great.

I find that holding the button down to activate flicker strike for more than a second or two causes excessive dsync. Try using it like burst fire in a fps type game. So just hit it for a moment then release and hit it again all the time. In my case this helps a whole lot with keeping thing in sync as flicker has to recalculate distance and retarget every button press.

Not sure if it will work the same on console, but may be worth a try to test it out.
I didn't know you could hold the button down. I mash it because of monkey brain

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info