Super thrilled to talk about my RPG book: Last Quest

Hello,

I have just finished my RPG book: Last Quest. I am reaching out in the community to present it.

Here are a few key points about it:

- No rounds: combat is a single flow from the first action to the last.

- Dual class system: this book has 12 character classes, you combine 2 of your choice to create the base of your character.

- Minimal tracking: wherever possible, the game is designed as to minimize what the player has to keep in mind.

- Engaging character system: your character has 2 classes, each class has access to one special ability and 9 powers, each power has 2 ranks. You spend points to buy and upgrade powers, but the same points are used to upgrade base stats and combat skills (Melee, Range, Throwing). Giving you ALOT of flexibility on how you can build your character.

If you want to know more about it, you can let me know here or go to my Facebook: Dwarven Print Shop. At the moment the book is only available on Amazon, you can find it easily by typing ''dwarvenprintshop'' in Amazon, you will also get to see my other stuff (Color along Storybooks and Notebooks).

Thank you,

Last bumped on May 19, 2021, 4:30:47 PM
I forgot to mention, I will be doing a little contest and give out some copies of the book!

Stay tuned
And now is the time for our super contest!!!

What can you win?

Why a copy of Last Quest, the RPG book you didn't know you needed.

How?

Go to our Facebook page: Dwarven Print Shop (did you notice it shortens to DPS)
and give us some luv.

Until when?

We will be announcing the winners on Friday, May 21.

You really should participate, I am so proud of Last Quest (this opinion is not biased in anyway whatsoever).

Thank you,

The guy who spent years creating Last Quest.

If you would like some more information about Last Quest, you can head on over to Youtube. Freddy B, a wonderful gentleman, has done a thorough video review/overview of the Game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0udWgHjtz

Also, I have come to realise that I haven't mentioned that all the art in Last Quest was done by moi as well.

Cheers!
Last edited by zartanos on May 13, 2021, 3:40:32 PM
Video shows as unavailable, too bad.
Still play SSF on my main account :)
Last edited by BasilWood on May 13, 2021, 4:42:26 PM
Well I hope it gets back online promptly. Meanwhile, you can find it on Amazon if you like. You can check out a good chunk of the book in the shop.

https://www.amazon.ca/s?k=dwarvenprintshop&ref=nb_sb_noss

cheers!
this might do the trick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0udWgHjtzs&t=1s
Feeddback about what I seen,

- On some pictures Sometime I think the art would have been better without the digital color.

Black and white with ink might be better. Retro RPG rarely had colors inside but had gorgeous line-art with cross hatches and all.

talking about this sort of art:

Bryan Talbot

But I know It is very hard to create digital color illustration and lineart is also a very hard talent to acquire. so kudos for the book.

- Some lettering effect look a little kitsch. Sometime the less effect the better.

It is my own opinion and taste of course but classic black and white flat lettering /1 flat color is better than bevel and emboss photoshop effect. When I started designing flyers some pros were complaining I also used a lot of those effects and I learned that to do less of those effect was for the better unless you want to parody or create an early 1990 feel to your design.

I want to stress that I am myself not in position to claim knowing what s best for art and design choices, just giving an opinion.

- It look interesting , good work overall I think for an indie creator. I wish you all the success!

Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on May 14, 2021, 5:30:48 AM
Thank you for the kind words.

Doing the layout and the visuals for the book was something completely new to me, I tried my best to make it as nice as I could. But as in everything, you learn by doing.

I can say that the physical copy comes out much better then the pdf, the colors and visuals mesh together quite well.
Only 2 days to go before we draw the winners! Its not too late to participate!

May you close your eyes and slam a tier 1!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info