[Xbox] Ultimatum - First Confirm Wins?

Filed under feedback instead of bug because I'm not sure whether it is intentional: when playing in a party, the first person to confirm the modifier selection starts the Ultimatum immediately.

All other rounds behave as expected* in that a timer starts when the menu pops up, but beginning the encounter doesn't seem to work the same way.

It took us a few tries to figure out what was happening, and then we started waiting for a ready signal before one of us confirmed.

We play in the same room, so it doesn't take much to affirm, but we occasionally get awful mods by accident. Selecting your choice quickly during rounds becomes natural, and it's easy to forget to wait to start.

I can understand not wanting to wait for everyone to confirm to start the encounter because griefing potential and because there is no requirement for all players to participate, but having the countdown apply to the first round too for players in the selection menu would be nice.

*As others have mentioned, it would be so nice to have some kind of additional confirmation to leave an Ultimatum.

Most builds I play need flasks to live, especially in harder content, and it feels like I've unintentionally canceled more Ultimatums than I've completed after getting to maps. :(

Some have mentioned input delay as a possible solution, but it already feels like there is a bit of desync between input and menu popup, so I am not sure whether that would help.

By that, I mean it sometimes -seems- like the menu is responding to a button press that happened before I even saw the menu. It could just be that I am pressing buttons more instinctively than I realize though.

Other than that, we've been having a lot of fun!
Last bumped on Apr 24, 2021, 3:38:36 PM
I'll have to pay more attention, but this doesn't sound like it matches with what my group (just two of us) was experiencing last night.

One thing to be aware of is that there are two timers when playing in a group.

The first is a 30 second timer for the Ultimatum "pause" effect, in which the current selection will be used when the timer reaches zero, whether or not anyone has confirm anything.

The second timer is much shorter (5 seconds, IIRC?), which happens when one person confirms something.

When that timer reaches zero, if only one person confirmed, then their choice is selected.

We haven't yet tried having both players not confirm and have different choices.

I also don't know what would happen with more than 2 players.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info