Unintentional interactions with Ultimatum League UI

There have been multiple posts about this over in the discussion/suggestion parts of the forum, but I wanted to make one here, because this *feels* like a bug.

It is way too common to have the Ultimatum League UI pop up in front of you right as you are using a flask on either R1 or L1... which will cause you to either Continue with the pre-select option, or End the Trial, without ever even getting to see what the choices or Rewards were.

This kind of ruins the whole tension in the game mechanic of "should I try for the next new shiny" and also the ability to "choose your own demise".

Some suggested solutions:

Make the Ultimatum UI popup disable button interactions for a brief period when it appears (0.5 to 1 seconds).

Make the Ultimatum UI require holding the L1 or R1 buttons for a period of time (1 second maybe?) in order to End or Continue the Trial.
Last bumped on May 2, 2021, 5:22:38 AM
I agree, honestly I feel it would be better on L2 and R2 instead as those buttons are rarely pressed and it would make it much smoother. Accidentally hitting R1 or L1 when trying to pop a flask and ending your run or selecting a mod you might not want is a little rough.
Signed
please change the buttons. everyone in my group has this problem.
yeah, i put my post in discussions because i knew it wasnt a bug, but i was so close to putting it here because you are right, it "feels" like a bug. people are finally starting to post on my post about it now. guess i was a little fast to endgame
my post- https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3092289
Last edited by cammoflauge5 on Apr 24, 2021, 3:37:56 PM
Up
Coming over from PC (having pc issues), this further increased my thoughts of GGG doesn't care about console whatsoever. ITs obvious they had little or no testing on console as this was an issue i came upon the early acts. Countless ultimatums i have canceled or chosen something i didnt care to because of the button choices. Its nearly impossible to stop using the buttons and stay alive. PLEASE FIX GGG
i hope they are paying attention to this thread.... please fix GGG. i collect/chose the wrong thing so many times per day, its really frustrating
"
cammoflauge5 wrote:
i hope they are paying attention to this thread.... please fix GGG. i collect/chose the wrong thing so many times per day, its really frustrating

They are, they actually acknowledged it in another post a few lines down, over the weekend and said they would look into it on Tuesday when they were back in the office
Hello,

I acknowledged over the weekend in another thread that I'd bring this up with the team. An adjustment has been made internally where you'll need to press and hold LB or RB for 1 second to confirm your selection; This will be included in the next patch that we're currently working on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info