Fractured items no longer look special with the removal of their dynamic/glowing visual effect

As the title states, I personally was really saddened by this change. Some might think this is something minor but to be honest, I thought the fractured visual effect applied to items looked the coolest out of all the visual effects on items. I really don't understand what prompted this change given they kept the visual effects on all the other items so I don't think this was a matter of fractured visuals causing data issues but I could be wrong. Maybe it was to distinguish an item not being "influenced" if it doesn't have a visual effect? But then again a synthesised item is not technically considered an influenced item but they kept the visual effect on that? I just don't understand it. This is where I think a lot of the frustration comes from also is that they will make a change in the game but don't often elaborate on why the change was prompted or the reasoning behind it and players are left guessing with why the change was made or necessary in the first place.

Take for an example this fishing rod:

It might not look special at first glance but before this update, if you were to link it in forums or global chat, etc. people would automatically have an inclination to hover over the item because it has a cool visual effect on it and differentiates from the other plain items that don't have a visual effect on them. Now, fishing rods have zero ways of making them stand out because fracturing was the only way to do this before 3.14 as you cannot synthesise or apply any influence on a fishing rod. This same logic can be applied to other items that you want to showcase. I doubt they will just revert their decision as they seem pretty stubborn on many things, but it's a pity nonetheless.
🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Standard>Leagues✨🌀🔰🔶🔷
🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Make trade like the Grand Exchange from RuneScape✨🌀🔰🔶🔷

Let us zoom out more. Bring back 32:9, Heist Alt Quality Gems, Gear Enchanting, Prophecy, Metamorph & Crucible. Stop removing content from the game. Stop nerfing everything. Stop making the game slow
Last bumped on May 4, 2021, 8:24:22 AM
Are the MTX bugged maybe ? I just bought the Huntsman backpack and theres no glow effect like advertised in the youtube video. The item should have a green glow bursting outward slightly. Maybe its bugged because i just noticed my MTX isnt working as advertised when you posted this.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Are the MTX bugged maybe ? I just bought the Huntsman backpack and theres no glow effect like advertised in the youtube video. The item should have a green glow bursting outward slightly. Maybe its bugged because i just noticed my MTX isnt working as advertised when you posted this.

No... It has nothing to do with any MTX. I'm not talking about any 3D effect. I'm talking about the glowing/dynamic visual effect that fractured would apply to the 2D art of every item.

Like this:

(This white/blue glowing effect around the item is how all fractured items looked as they had that visual effect applied to them but now it's gone and it makes the 2D art of the item look plain and boring.)
🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Standard>Leagues✨🌀🔰🔶🔷
🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Make trade like the Grand Exchange from RuneScape✨🌀🔰🔶🔷

Let us zoom out more. Bring back 32:9, Heist Alt Quality Gems, Gear Enchanting, Prophecy, Metamorph & Crucible. Stop removing content from the game. Stop nerfing everything. Stop making the game slow
Last edited by MLGonthorian on Apr 18, 2021, 6:06:32 PM
I just noticed this today. No clue why.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
People complaint they cant tell which is vendored which is not in trade window/inv for fractured item

So that a cheap fix by GGG in 3.14 is remove the effect

Now i cant tell which is fractured which is not in heist as well as in my stash

This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
Last edited by neohongkong on May 3, 2021, 3:20:26 AM
UP
░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▄███▄░░░░░
░░░░░▄▀▀░░░░░░░▐░▀██▌░░░░
░░░▄▀░░░░▄▄███░▌▀▀░▀█░░░░
░░▄█░░▄▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▐░░░░█▌░░░
░▐█▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▌░░░░░▐█▄░░ We Miss U Le Toucan

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info