Path of Exile 2 - New Spiders and Arachnophobia

Greetings GGG, great job on PoE2 it looks exciting and the visuals are fantastic. Everything looks much crisper and stands out very well. Unfortunately for some of us with irrationalities, one of the effects in particular is potentially disastrous for a small part of your community.

The new spiders with gigantic legs in the PoE2 showcase released today were absolutely FRIGHTENING to me. I have severe arachnophobia but was able to handle it mostly in the current PoE content. Some of the legs in delve in particular were rough when there was a bunch sticking out at all angles, but otherwise not a big deal. The gigantic spiders in the PoE2 reveal were impossible for me to deal with however. I wasn't able to even look at the screen at first, or whenever they were crawling in from the ceiling close to the camera. Unfortunately this is an incredibly worrisome and downright impossible roadblock as I'm sure these mobs like most will be present in several maps and areas across the game once they are added to the game.

This feedback isn't necessarily about any art or visual problem per se, but more of a suggestion that will help those like me to be able to play the game in the future. In fact you guys if anything did your job too well and everything looks amazing.

If there has to be some sort of purchasable MTX to replace the models with others, so be it I'd happily pay to be able to play the game without a heart attack. Obviously a selectable option to change the models would be ideal, but in any case I hope my feedback might help lead to a solution to allow those of us who are irrationally fearful of these 8-legged beasts that certainly might not allow us to keep playing the game I love.
Last bumped on Apr 8, 2021, 11:55:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info