Help with min maxing HoP Aurora Guardian

Salutations,

First of all I'm unsure whether it's a right (or even most active) place to post this question, so if there's better place please let me know!

So, I've been trying to play HoP Aegis Aurora Guardian for past month and I've finally reached point where there's nothing nothing left that I can improve (as for my experience in playing with build). Of course there are things such as 1 extra point of energy shield on helmet etc, but such things just aren't available on market so there's nothing I can do about it.
I've been more interested in what I could possibly change in skill tree to get the most out of it. Right now I'm at level 99 and I'm not planning to go for lv100 unless there's meaningful change that I can achieve with that 1 extra skill point.

Here's pastebin for build: https://pastebin.com/N9EUJCti

Things that I thought of:
- I could swap enlighten for another aura such as Flesh and Stone but that would require me to get HoP mana reduction on a helmet and that's 100ex for lab runner that I'm not willing to spend (Barely 50ex on myself now)
- By reaching level 100 I could acquire another jewel slot by refunding Arcane Focus (that jewel would need to compensate 24% ES loss)
- I've decided to use Split personality as it's providing me with 51 Int and Mana, perhaps there's better way to approach that slot to get more stat out of it?
- It's my first time using Cluster Jewels so I'm not confident they are BiS at this moment
- If I could acquire 2% block spell damage in some easy way I could swap Rumi's flask for either normal granite with bleed immunity or something else (right now only this flask doesn't recharge as I'm being hit).
- I do have Corrupt Blood immunity but normal bleeding sometimes puts me at risk of dying, I wonder how people deal with it?
- There's weapon swap "5L" summon skellies to help me deal with things that won't generate HoP. I could reduce their level a little to have only 20 mana unreserved or do something else that I can't think of, tho it doesn't matter much.

There's probably more things that I forgot to explain but I already made it quite long so I'm looking forward to see someone's feedback!

Ps. Build uses stats the following way: Mana > Int > ES/Str
Ps2. Not sure how much should I put into HoP dmg but I'd like it deal enough damage while still trying to reach 10k ES and keeping armour as high as possible.
Last bumped on Mar 1, 2021, 1:37:04 PM
"
Deecato wrote:
Salutations,

First of all I'm unsure whether it's a right (or even most active) place to post this question, so if there's better place please let me know!

So, I've been trying to play HoP Aegis Aurora Guardian for past month and I've finally reached point where there's nothing nothing left that I can improve (as for my experience in playing with build). Of course there are things such as 1 extra point of energy shield on helmet etc, but such things just aren't available on market so there's nothing I can do about it.
I've been more interested in what I could possibly change in skill tree to get the most out of it. Right now I'm at level 99 and I'm not planning to go for lv100 unless there's meaningful change that I can achieve with that 1 extra skill point.

Here's pastebin for build: https://pastebin.com/N9EUJCti

Things that I thought of:
- I could swap enlighten for another aura such as Flesh and Stone but that would require me to get HoP mana reduction on a helmet and that's 100ex for lab runner that I'm not willing to spend (Barely 50ex on myself now)
- By reaching level 100 I could acquire another jewel slot by refunding Arcane Focus (that jewel would need to compensate 24% ES loss)
- I've decided to use Split personality as it's providing me with 51 Int and Mana, perhaps there's better way to approach that slot to get more stat out of it?
- It's my first time using Cluster Jewels so I'm not confident they are BiS at this moment
- If I could acquire 2% block spell damage in some easy way I could swap Rumi's flask for either normal granite with bleed immunity or something else (right now only this flask doesn't recharge as I'm being hit).
- I do have Corrupt Blood immunity but normal bleeding sometimes puts me at risk of dying, I wonder how people deal with it?
- There's weapon swap "5L" summon skellies to help me deal with things that won't generate HoP. I could reduce their level a little to have only 20 mana unreserved or do something else that I can't think of, tho it doesn't matter much.

There's probably more things that I forgot to explain but I already made it quite long so I'm looking forward to see someone's feedback!

Ps. Build uses stats the following way: Mana > Int > ES/Str
Ps2. Not sure how much should I put into HoP dmg but I'd like it deal enough damage while still trying to reach 10k ES and keeping armour as high as possible.

Your build is nearly perfect and in best-set-up.

For me personally the added skeletons are interesting.

So perhaps these variations are worth a ride:

Vaal skeletons instead only skeletons
HoA instead HoP (for example: The Agonyca Arachnophobia Allstars - 5- 160 mill dmg, 9000+ ES, top 120000 Armour, 90% pdr, 2400 ES on max block, max layers of defences
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3019705 )
Mass summoner style with phantasms support
Large minion damage clusters and more medium clusters for more damage and qol
Arakaali's fang for clearing speed and dancing speedspiders
Null and void gloves or hh-belt for fun
More curses with whispers of doom or vixens or Wiendshrieks- for variations, not optimal

Upgrades for gear are:

- You can relatively easy upgrade your bodyarmour and shield (crit reduction, skills granted, skin of the lords with keynotes, etc)

- Take boots with 6% spellblock! And enchants like movement or es-regeneration.

- Belt jewel you can upgrade with chance to blind and chance to taunt for minions or procced 2% spellblock.

- For only 2% spellblock a whole flaskslot is much to much! Take rumi's only when you don't use the blue nightmare.

- Bleeding:
Degens, dots and aoe are most dangerous remaining damage for aegis aurora guardians.

- You need anti-bleeding-suffix on one flask acutely.

- For other degens sulphur flask for more ES-regeneration in other cooldowns is good! Best in slot is bottled faith flask.

- to take out Enlighten-support-gem annoint your amulet with charisma! 10% rmr, opalescent, golden, golden oil

Or "uncompromising" on small or medium cluster.

You have very high mana-supports on hop. You could optimize them with less mana (bloodlust etc.)

One ring has only 22% rmr.

(When you like, take a look in the quoted HoA build Arachnophobia allstars. There is a spoiler "circle-of-nostalgia-ring" and manamanegement for a lot of possibilities for hop-mana too.

There is also an optimized skill tree for your gear in the build. Take solaris Pantheon or crit reduction on shield or armour and more cluster-points instead for damage, defence and more. Clusters remain bis, yes.)

Very fine build! You are allready impressive geared and lvl 99 is top and hard to reach!
Last edited by Chromino on Mar 1, 2021, 11:08:28 AM
Thanks for your reply, I'll surely check that HoA for comparison, altho I'll stick to HoP (Didn't check trades yet but I can feel that proper rings are as hard to find as HoP ones).

To address some things that You've mentioned:

- The most important one as it's my goal for this league: HH is indeed what I was thinking of buying (unsure if I want to put it on that slow clearing build though)
- Vaal skellies are more expensive and I would most likely never be able to use them (Vaal souls won't generate while on wep-swap). There are some cases such as Grandmasters or pre-stacking it for later use, but I already very rarely swap.
- Once I find enough courage to double corrupt awk gems I'll swap for Lords (tho I also considered buying +2 socketed duration on Loyal for lv33 HoP)
- There weren't any boots with perfect roll on mana and ES that also had perfect block and my perfectionist soul could not stand looking at missing % of ES!
- Belt jewel is big deal as this one has 3 out of 4 rolls that are amazing, so again, it's an item I can't upgrade since better one doesn't exist on a market
- I'm aware of 22% but as I mentioned too many times "Market's too poor" (Altho it won't let me put enlighten off so I haven't checked for new ones in a while)
- I'm a mana freak so I went with a mana anointment (that also benefits minions)
- Completely forgot about bottled, though I'm unsure which flask should I swap for it (I'd go with Quartz)

That's all being said all of these things are super minor and if I don't quit in near future I'll have hopes that they do appear on a trade site and I can change them as You or Guide I yet need to follow recommended! Once again I appreciate your feedback, Exile!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info