Some tips to get Primeval and Nocturnal Hideouts

Hello,

I was done with the league with my solo 100 and 40/40, so was decided to go after the new hideouts.
As always, there were several questions arised about it, with not much answers to be found.

The dark cellar with the blue lightning of the primeval hideout is pretty cool in my opinion, nocturnal is not that special for me at all, but needed for my 100% collection anyways.

Both are categorized as extremely rare on PoEDB, so a few get it on 1st map, several more in their 20-50 maps, and the rest needs a few hundred maps; as with other similar rarity hideouts (my worst so far is 842 maps for haunted hideout). Primeval took me 356, nocturnal took me 101 maps.

Primeval hideout.

It is found on primordial blocks map, in lira arthain region now.
As of patch 3.13, the map can be tier 3 to tier 14 with watchstones.

Map sustaining is very easy on tier 6 (1 watchstone in lira arthain, 4 in all other regions), as primordial blocks is the only tier 6 in this case on the whole atlas, that is, each and every tier 6 map dropped will be the one You want. I ran the last 206 maps as tier 6, started with a pool of 13 maps and with simple alch-and-go finished it with 91 spare maps at the end. I ran the first 150 as tier 14, but then Your atlas is lower (4 watchstones in lira arthain and 2-3 in all other regions), and there are 4 tier 14 maps, so sustaining need way more maps to be dropped. I could just barely sustain tier 14 with chiseled-alched-vaaled maps, sextants, map scarabs and map orbed delirious maps from time to time, so stopped, and went down to tier 6.

As for layout, primordial blocks is really easy to learn, 5-6 huge squared areas are connected by bridges, and it has only 4 main layout types what are randomized a bit here and there. After the 2nd area, You can clearly foresee how the whole map will play out. The only problem is the surface of the map, there are lot of obstackles and gaps on it, so be prepared with movement skills like dash. Full clearing this map needs a bit concentration to run all corners, but not that difficult, I mostly had 0-10 monsters left on all clears, if sometimes had more than 20 after killing the boss, I ran back to find that 1 monster pack.

The entrance was on the border of a big area, for me, on bottom right, a stairs went down to the entrance.

All in all, tier 14 is better as You can farm conquerors as well, but clearing the full maps juiced with rituals as well takes a lot of time compared to tier 6 just rushing through. As a side note, do not go into gardens on tier 6 for Your own sanity, I got my one and only remove defence craft there, what I was waiting for ~320 hours for my i85 belt.

Some screenshots with the layout and the entrance:
https://imgur.com/a/LXdQVNa

Nocturnal hideout.

It is found on moon temple map, in tirn's end region now.
As of patch 3.13, the map can be tier 2 to tier 14 with watchstones.

Map sustaining is problematic here on any tier, being a lot of maps on the same tier even only in this one region. I mostly farmed tier 9 (2 watchstones in tirn's end, 4 in all other regions), as moon temple is the 1 of the 7 tier 9 in this case on the whole atlas, that is, the best ratio on yellow-red tiers for this map (I did not even considered white tiers). I ran 19 as tier 14 I had from normal mapping from before then ran the rest on tier 9 with simple alch-and-go, ran out of maps about after each 15-20 maps when I bought 10 more and so on. Finally on last day, ran my 3 white tier 2 maps I had there for a long time, and got the hideout on the second tier 2 of these 3 maps as the 101th overall.

As for layout, moon temple is really easy to learn, this is bacically just like a big maze with squares connected by bridges, and it has only 1 main layout type what is randomized a bit here and there. You just have to take a round around the start point, and You will know where the boss arena will be, so You can clear the maps accordingly. I ran a circle on the outer region first, then ran an other inner circle. To go up and down between the layers, blink arrow helped a lot next to dash. Full clearing this map is very easy, I had 0 monsters left 90% of on them at least, and 0-5 on the rest.

The entrance was on the edge of the map, for me, on bottom left, a stairs went down to the entrance form the middle of a square.

All in all, tier 14 is better here as well as You can farm conquerors as well, but being a lot more maps on the same tier (13 tier 14), reliably sustaining it is impossible in my opinion (or, You really have to drop like 10 T14s per map to get 1 back consistently). Running tier 9 was the sweet spot for me on cost and time wise.

Some screenshots with the layout and the entrance:
https://imgur.com/a/6UE6IVW

Hope it helps out other fellow hideout hunters, better luck with the spawn rate for You!
All-time non-streamer luckless dropless rewardless tons-of-time-playing non-TFT-er 100% solo player.
So, it just turns out, we were lied to for years with the promises of a two-storied one PoE 4.0.
All these worse and worse beta leagues, all these braindead changes, all lead to this.
Last bumped on Apr 26, 2024, 1:25:14 AM
Very helpful, I was lucky to find the Alpine HO so that is my new one but I would like to find one of both.
The Watchstone trick for Primeval is great to know.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Thank so much for this!

Especially your tactics for sustaining the maps as we hunt! I'm going to give it a go; wish me luck!
Farming primeval hideout atm. 50 maps so far, doing T6 and easy sustain (got maxed atlas which might be a downside since it always drops higher tier maps but no problem anyway sustaining).

Hoping for not 800 maps :D Stupid hideout is selling for 20+ ex atm.
Is it necessary to kill the map boss on T6 Primordial Blocks? It'd be nice if you can just skip over the boss to increase efficiency.
"
GamerKingFaiz wrote:
Is it necessary to kill the map boss on T6 Primordial Blocks? It'd be nice if you can just skip over the boss to increase efficiency.

Nope, you don't need to kill the boss.

I was really lucky to get this without trying last league. But I remember that I almost missed it, because it was on the edge of the map.
has the nocturnal hideout been "drop restricted"?
"
floppydisk144 wrote:
has the nocturnal hideout been "drop restricted"?
Nothing says it's drop restricted and the Moon Temple map is still in rotation. Probably just bad luck if you aren't finding it.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
"
xPiranha wrote:
Probably just bad luck if you aren't finding it.

that must be it as i've ran this map countless times now and all i get are 3+ unique items i can't use or sell 70% of the time.
"
floppydisk144 wrote:
"
xPiranha wrote:
Probably just bad luck if you aren't finding it.

that must be it as i've ran this map countless times now and all i get are 3+ unique items i can't use or sell 70% of the time.
Oh the Twilight Temple Map? If you're trying to get the hideout from that I'm pretty sure you can't get Nocturnal Hideout from that map.

Needs to be Moon Temple for Nocturnal Hideout

Twilight Temple is Divided Hideout

Either way still rare if you havn't found the divided hideout either.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info