Please Fix the Loot System

Games like this are supposed to be more fun in a group. However, no one wants to play with each other. A big factor in that is the way that the loot system is set up. If an amazing item drops, its a first grab. It is so much easier to just play by yourself and keep all the loot.

Is there any way you can change it? Diablo has an amazing system where each player gets their own loot and others can not see what drops.

Another system is EverQuests roll system. Where loot is displayed and you have the option to "roll" or "pass" on an item. It then shows who rolled what and awards the item to the winner.
Last bumped on Feb 10, 2021, 1:30:14 PM
have you tried using the item allocation settings in the options menu?

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Item_allocation
"

I'm not the OP, but the item allocation settings are trash.

Even on "Free for all", a bunch of stuff still auto-allocates.

Even on "Permanent", a bunch of stuff is free-for-all, AND de-allocates under a variety of circumstances.

No matter whether you love the "fastest click in the west" style, or love the console D3 "my loot only", PoE's loot allocation is terrible.

At the very, very least, GGG, can you *please* make it so that an item doesn't de-allocate when you try to pick it up but don't have enough room?

Current allocation 100% ruins the idea of playing with strangers. I can play D3 with strangers with ZERO worries. And when there are some worries, they make changes to accommodate it, trying to balance between things.

PoE has the worst parts of "free for all" and none of the good parts of "no sharing".
"

Thank you for taking the time to add your input. I appreciate it. Yes, I have tried the "Item Allocation". Unfortunately, it was very unsuccessful for me.

The first time around I played with a random person. I am currently playing a Witch and they were playing a Tank. Needless to say, they were closer to the loot and received it as it fell.

The second time I played with a friend I talked into trying out the game. About 20 mins into the game we realized the loot system was going to be a huge problem. He was smart enough to go online and look up some options. We changed the setting to "permanent". He was the host. For an hour and a half we played and I received almost no loot. What stuck out the most was that I didn't receive any scrolls, no orbs, and not a single rare item.

"
StressEater wrote:
He was the host. For an hour and a half we played and I received almost no loot. What stuck out the most was that I didn't receive any scrolls, no orbs, and not a single rare item.

Uh, the loot allocation is bad, but this isn't right.

I play with a friend regularly, and we both receive scrolls, orbs, and rares.

The host gets all the maps, and a few other things.

If you're not getting any currency or rares, maybe your loot filter is too strict?

For newer players, I recommend starting on NS1, and moving up to NS2 as soon as you feel comfortable with it.

If you're on Uber Strict or any of the Constrict settings, that's the problem.

Or, if you're using a Custom Filter, it may be broken in some way, or designed for ultra-high level group play.
"
QQPQ wrote:
"
StressEater wrote:
He was the host. For an hour and a half we played and I received almost no loot. What stuck out the most was that I didn't receive any scrolls, no orbs, and not a single rare item.

Uh, the loot allocation is bad, but this isn't right.

I play with a friend regularly, and we both receive scrolls, orbs, and rares.

The host gets all the maps, and a few other things.

If you're not getting any currency or rares, maybe your loot filter is too strict?

For newer players, I recommend starting on NS1, and moving up to NS2 as soon as you feel comfortable with it.

If you're on Uber Strict or any of the Constrict settings, that's the problem.

Or, if you're using a Custom Filter, it may be broken in some way, or designed for ultra-high level group play.

Thank you for the information. I will try to see if we can adjust it a little bit and hopefully that will change things. I actually really enjoy the game and I feel with a few small updates, it could be one of the better games out there. The thing with this game is that loot is a vital part of it and when it has a terrible setup, it diminishes the game.

Your previous comment was spot on. Talk about hitting the nail on the head. I would love to see them set the loot system up like D3. I absolutely loved that game. The story was amazing. The gameplay was fluid. I actually started playing that game on the PC. Once I played it on the console, I was hooked. It just felt so natural controlling it with a handheld controller. Sorry, I am getting off topic. Yes, the loot system was amazing and it felt right. Plus they were smart enough to focus your drops according to your class. I get the whole thing with finding random items to promote trade with players. But I am finding players far and few between. The trade board is full of items but most of the people who posted those items are not getting on regularly. But that's for another discussion.
I started playing POE day one when it became available for PS4 since I was looking for a 'Diablo Clone" and game had been mentioned a lot on the Diablo Forums....

i like both games in terms of playing mechanic with D3 being more user friendly while POE can give unlimitless character builds that can be challenging...however the one part that ets them apart is The Loot System....D is far above "Co-Op & Group friendly" than POE...

When Console Players started playing the most complaints centered around how the Loot System was designed and...."Prices for Items in Trade"...which still runs about 25-35% higher than PC items...which then led to everyone asking How & Why....

Awhile back therewas a long chat on this...Prices and All...and one person came in and said he knew for a fact Organized Groups were basically in charge of the outrageous Prices you see in Trade...they basically worked, farmed, sold items togehter...just like Scapler groups....to manipulate the prices...

So...just imagine if we had a D3 Loot System where you had 2-4 players playing together all getting what they see and didn't have to worry about sharing...what that would do to the Item Prices in Trade when there be a far greater chance of getting better loot...just saying...
"
WoodFixer wrote:
"Prices for Items in Trade"...which still runs about 25-35% higher than PC items...

Bwahahahahaha! Bwahahahahaha!

35%?

Try 350%. Or more.

Not for everything. But for certain types of items, the price on PS4 will be 4 to 10 times the PC price.

This is primarily true for abundant but popular unique items. Especially 2-3 days into a new League.

Take Terminus Est for example. On PC, one that isn't perfect rolled very rapidly becomes 1 Alch in price (which used to be 1/2 a chaos, but is now even less than that). On PS4, a few days into a League, even a badly rolled one is 5C+, and a good one is 10C. These are all unsocketed/unlinked. 6L uniques are another place where PS4 prices are outrageous compared to PC.

There are other items where PS4 prices are on-par or even lower than PC prices.

Also, the thing about price fixing brigades... they do exist, but they are definitely not solely responsible for the price differences.

PC has price-fixers too, they're just hampered by some aspects of the PC market (primarily a combination names being shown + being able to sort results by price).

PS4 and XBox are both miniscule economies compared to PC. This is compounded by the difficulty of searching the console market. If you want to know the effect this has, take an Econ class. The quip about "Supply and Demand" summarizes most (but not all) of the impacts. On console, the Supply is much smaller. The demand may be proportionally smaller, or it may be more or less than proportional. For example, some builds are, proportionally, more popular on Console than PC--such as Minion builds, which nearly always make up a larger percentage of console players than they do PC players. This leads to minion items generally being higher priced on console than PC, even without any adverse actors present.

I could go on and on and on. But GGG clearly doesn't give a shit that the console economy is in shambles, and has been for several leagues. So I'm going to save my breath.
Last edited by QQPQ on Feb 10, 2021, 1:30:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info