CreateBuffer: "The parameter is incorrect" error

When I downloaded P.O.E and opened it the "CreateBuffer: The parameter is incorrect" error kept popping up and I was and am still not able to play the game. I tried going in the production_Config folder to change the renderer type, but when I tried searching for the renderer_type after pressing ctrl-f a message popped up saying Cannot find "renderer_type". If anyone knows how to fix this please give me incite on how.

Btw: My PC is a windows 7 and I just got it so I haven't really downloaded anything but games.
Last bumped on Jan 25, 2024, 2:51:00 PM
So we can learn a little more about your computer, could you please send us an email to techsupport@grindinggear.com containing a DxDiag report? You should be able to do this by searching your start menu for "dxdiag" and running "dxdiag.exe". Once you have done so, please click "Save all Information" and attach the resulting text file in a reply to the email.
i have the same problem but i dont know what dxdhyg but i have a dell win 7 n5110
I also sent you an email regarding this, please mail me back, cheers!
I'm having the same issue, I can't even open the game and it is so weird since it is the first time I have seen this error message.
Same issue here. New to the game by recommendation of a family member, but I can't even open the game.

I'll be sending an email as well with the DxDiag report.
Please note that GGG list the minimum requirement of the game in Steam / Epic storefront is Nvidia 650 card. Anything older = no longer supported since 3.11.2 patch
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
I don't know but I feel like they just don't support windows 7 anymore, at lease make it so we are still able to access 2017 update graphics that is able to support windows 7. They need to start caring about players in low end PC also since not everyone is able to have a top end PC. I search up looking at a lot of things I need to do and I don't think the new update makes it so that you are able to use DirectX 11 like I think they want you so upgrade to windows 10 so you can use DirectX 12 or use Vulkan but Valkam requires NVidia GPU or an fairly resent AMD CPU and AMD APU's they are not counting on old Intel and AMD CPU unless you are using windows 10 that can handle DirectX 12; and DirectX 11.3 and 11.4 needs windows 10. DirectX 11.2 is supported by windows 8 and 8.1 but I don't know if it will be able to play it. As for DirectX 11.1 and 11.0, we know that 11.0 don't work with the new 2021 update since it gives us error. So, I would only assume that 11.1 won't work also since 11.1 and 11.0 are supported by windows 7 but I know for certain that DirectX 11.0 don't work and I know all of you found that out already since it gives you error, I can assume that DirectX 11.1 wont work also since I tried updating it and it still gives error but it also still says that I'm using DirectX 11, and I don't know if it is DirectX 11.0 or DirectX 11.1.
"
I don't know but I feel like they just don't support windows 7 anymore, at lease make it so we are still able to access 2017 update graphics that is able to support windows 7. They need to start caring about players in low end PC also since not everyone is able to have a top end PC. I search up looking at a lot of things I need to do and I don't think the new update makes it so that you are able to use DirectX 11 like I think they want you so upgrade to windows 10 so you can use DirectX 12 or use Vulkan but Valkam requires NVidia GPU or an fairly resent AMD CPU and AMD APU's they are not counting on old Intel and AMD CPU unless you are using windows 10 that can handle DirectX 12; and DirectX 11.3 and 11.4 needs windows 10. DirectX 11.2 is supported by windows 8 and 8.1 but I don't know if it will be able to play it. As for DirectX 11.1 and 11.0, we know that 11.0 don't work with the new 2021 update since it gives us error. So, I would only assume that 11.1 won't work also since 11.1 and 11.0 are supported by windows 7 but I know for certain that DirectX 11.0 don't work and I know all of you found that out already since it gives you error, I can assume that DirectX 11.1 wont work also since I tried updating it and it still gives error but it also still says that I'm using DirectX 11, and I don't know if it is DirectX 11.0 or DirectX 11.1.

What hardware you have?

Geforce 9800?
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
I wish I had that, my hardware stat are

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: Inspiron 546
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: AMD Sempron(tm) Processor LE-1300, ~2.3GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 1792MB RAM
Page File: 2230MB used, 2246MB available
Card name: ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics
Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

there should be a way of playing the game in those specs since I played a lot of game, I might have to update to windows 10 so I can play it since a lot of application are now not supporting windows 7.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info