console betreyal mission

why on console when we have jun join a map we only have 1 event while on pc they have 2. why would the content of the game be different...

also on a side note, is there is change to the market coming soon? like loot filter that only show items with what you asked. exemple if you look for a specific gem and put in the filter you dont have to reach page 200 to find one with the stats you want.
finally on the market subject, auto accept sells on the market would be nice when you put the exact price, would fix price fixing and afkers.
Last bumped on Jan 19, 2021, 12:04:14 AM
"
Nders66 wrote:
why on console when we have jun join a map we only have 1 event while on pc they have 2. why would the content of the game be different...

Can we stop getting new threads about this?

I don't know if it's one person with a bee in their bonnet making a bunch of different accounts, or genuinely different people, but this is the third thread in three days.

When there's a recent thread, just post on that instead of making a new one.

And, to your question, my understanding is that it's a combination of RAM and load speeds that keep the console versions from having full Betrayal missions.

Instead we get 3x XP and intel/progress from the missions.
"
QQPQ wrote:
my understanding is that it's a combination of RAM and load speeds that keep the console versions from having full Betrayal missions.

Dude that is so much BS... ps4 pro and xbox one x cant handle a full betrayal??
That makes no sense.

Is just like most of the console shortcomings, "oh the console can't handle cast on movement".

GGG needs to stop handicapping console.
This topics showing up is the only way to get them to at least be pressured into acknowledging that this is not ok.
"
pra-lima87 wrote:
"
QQPQ wrote:
my understanding is that it's a combination of RAM and load speeds that keep the console versions from having full Betrayal missions.

Dude that is so much BS... ps4 pro and xbox one x cant handle a full betrayal??
That makes no sense.

Uh, no one said that. There are not two different versions of the game for the regular PS4 vs Pro or XBox One vs X1X.

Since the base models can't handle it, it's not in the game.

"
pra-lima87 wrote:

Is just like most of the console shortcomings, "oh the console can't handle cast on movement".

No one ever said that either. (at least, not anyone from GGG)

They don't currently plan to implement cast on move on console. There are likely several reasons for that. Performance isn't one of them, AFAIK.

The control systems for console work very differently. PC players click a button to move. They are also allowed to bind a skill to that button. We do not click anything to move. Therefore we can't bind a skill to it. There is no button to bind to.

It would be significant work to implement an equivalent system on console, and they have chosen to invest their hours elsewhere.

I'm not even sure they're happy with the PC version of LMB skills. I would be less surprised to see them remove that interaction from PC than add it to console.
iam not going to apologies to a self proclaimed forum moderator. console need loves and if more ppl write about it ggg will have to talk about it. so far they are very silent about the state of the game on console and console future. they made a nice event on twitch recently for the new expansion and new season, but not a single sentence about consoles.

iam no hardware wiz but the ram argument i think it is bullshit. before the bluescreen fix some ppl always argued that it was the console limits that was the problem. now they fixed the bluescreen and the console didnt change.

as for cast on move, not sure if it is possible on ps4 but on ps5 it is 100%. also still no word if they are making a new client for new gen consoles
"
Nders66 wrote:
iam not going to apologies to a self proclaimed forum moderator.

I have never once made that claim.

Also, it's just a rule of internet forums of all kinds everywhere, including this one. You don't make new threads when there are existing, active threads on the topic.

If this forum actually *were* moderated, you'd just get your thread deleted for breaking the rules.

Fortunately for you, the only rule GGG cares about on these forums is "no name & shame". All you have to do is say "player X is a scammer", and your crap will instantly get edited.

"
Nders66 wrote:

console need loves and if more ppl write about it ggg will have to talk about it. so far they are very silent about the state of the game on console and console future. they made a nice event on twitch recently for the new expansion and new season, but not a single sentence about consoles.

Again, not true.

Let's dig in:

1) GGG pays more attention to long threads will lots of participation than to a few threads with a few posts. By making a separate thread, rather than continuing the existing ones, you are *less* likely to get their attention. Note that they still ignore threads about things they don't have any intention of changing (like the trade market), no matter how long they get. I don't agree with or defend this behavior of theirs. But the fact remains, they are more likely to listen to a long thread with lots of participation than 3 or 4 threads with the same 3 people in them over and over again.

2) GGG is not "silent" about the game on console. They don't say much in their big events, but then again, the vast majority of their players are on PC. It's very difficult to pin down exact numbers without GGG's help, but some publicly available sources (lab & event leaderboards) have led me to believe that PC makes up approximately 98% of the PoE playerbase.

3) The big announcement did, in fact, contain a single sentence about console. It listed our release date & time, which is always a bit later than PC. (I do wish they had said more).

"
Nders66 wrote:

iam no hardware wiz but the ram argument i think it is bullshit.

Have you read any of the extensive older threads on the topic? Do you know how Betrayal missions work (technologically) on PC? Because of the way Betrayal works on PC, it literally has to load every single Betrayal asset into memory for any map that has Betrayal. That's every member's voice lines, graphics, etc. It's quite a lot of data. In addition to all the data the game already needs just to let you play a map.

Both the PS4 and PS4 Pro have 8GB of unified memory. This means that the main system RAM and the GPU memory are shared. So, if you're using 2GB of RAM for the GPU, the main system only has 6GB left for the entire OS and everything the game is doing. If you need 4GB for the GPU, then the main system only has 4GB for the entire OS and everything the game is doing.

It's quite limiting.

"
Nders66 wrote:

before the bluescreen fix some ppl always argued that it was the console limits that was the problem. now they fixed the bluescreen and the console didnt change.

Not that I expect you're following my comments or anything, but I never made that argument. In fact, I specifically argued against the people who were saying it was the console capabilities that were causing the crashes.

"
Nders66 wrote:

as for cast on move, not sure if it is possible on ps4 but on ps5 it is 100%. also still no word if they are making a new client for new gen consoles

Cast on move would 100% be doable on PS4. It does not require any additional overhead beyond what the game already does. Just development and testing time. GGG doesn't want to implement it (or anything like it) at this time. I personally agree with them on that, but I have no issue with people who want it stating that they want it. I would prefer they don't go attacking GGG or other forum members in the process, though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info