Please remove death penalty for deaths owing to system crash

I have just been killed AGAIN while delving on Xbox owing to system freeze,
This is in itself intensely irritating, but when you restart/reboot and find you have been slapped with a 10% death penalty it is absolutely infuriating.

I would add that I am using a new Xbox series X since Christmas and crashes are pretty common (I do not believe this is a POE specific issue as I have had crashes on other apps)

Surely you can detect the condition where there is no response from the client (because of game crash, Xbox crash, or internet failure) and either rollback the session or restore the 10% if a death has occurred ?

This is the main reason I will NEVER play HC POE. I am enraged enough when this happens on SC and I lose a couple hours of playtime, I can’t imagine my reaction if I were to lose the entire character.

PS — about an hour after making this post, having switched back to the older more reliable Xbox One, In delve, another freeze, another death. I play games to relax, not to rage quit.
Last edited by DRW2017 on Jan 14, 2021, 1:14:01 PM
Last bumped on Jan 30, 2021, 5:35:21 PM
Sorry this won't ever change. And no they can't really tell the difference between faking a disconnect and an actual disconnect. Sorry this happened to you, but stuff happens regardless of the system.
Last edited by TheKid83417 on Jan 17, 2021, 9:58:36 AM
I know it´s not gonna happen, but I do know how great and fun it is to experience this. Because one day you will just laugh of it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info