Best Gaming Sale Pickups?

I mean the ones that were on SALE!

Welp - for me I got Disgaea 5, Control, and AC:Odyssey and Horizon: Zero Dawn.

I honestly wasn't expecting much from any of them but WOW. All 4 are amazing games in their own rights. I'm especially shocked by Control. Now.. the thing is I try to keep ssd space so I had to choose between AC and Horzizon since they are both action adventure rpg games. Honestly I think AC has slightly better graphics and Kassandra is just *chef's kiss* the coolest MC in a long time. I like Aloy too but Kassandra is on another level for me honestly.

Control is the biggest surprise though. Wow. Even though the MC seems like the kind of person you'd run across in your local walmart the action is really *chef's kiss*
Last bumped on Jan 10, 2021, 5:55:11 PM
i hardly ever buy games, but i bought 3 this season with the sales

1) Deus Ex Mankind Divided ($5)
2) Outer Wilds ($17)
3) Far Cry 5 ($15)

i haven't played deus ex mankind divided, but at 5 bucks, uhhh yeah obviously. i love the series.

far cry 5 is awesome. its probably the most current game i've played, as in like newest, so it easily has the best graphics and i can get away with playing it on ultra with zero issues which is super awesome.
this game seems like it has a TON of content to do. i've played it for 20 hours so far and i've scratched the surface for what there is.

Outer Wilds. this game is a fuckin masterpiece. im not sure what else to say about it. if you're a fan of narrative driven adventure games, things like Subnautica and stuff, this game is an absolute must play. it does adventure right.
the shear drive to unravel the story and mystery is what will keep you exploring. to discover that next piece of the puzzle. why? no, not because you have to. no, not because you're told to go there. yes, because the game is so well pieced together you WANT to. you feel like you need to.

its been said many times about Outer Wilds, and its what i say, because its how i feel (also how i feel about Subnautica), i wish i could forget it all so i could experience it for the first time once again.
I made a new account over at the Good Old Games before Christmas, you get a crazy discount for a few days, then spent some 50 or 60 bucks (that's euro actually but dafuq), and bought (start counting):

WITCHER 1 Enhanced Edition
WITCHER 2 Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition
DIVINITY 2 Developers Cut
DRAGON AGE ORIGINS Ultimate Edition
Dungeon Siege Full Saga 1/2/3
GOTHIC3
GOTHIC3 Forsaken Gods
WASTELAND 2 Directors Cut
Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition
Siege of Dragonspear
Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition
TES III MORROWIND Game of the Year Edition
Pillars of Eternity Definitive Edition (White March I & II included)

All packed to the brim with their latest official patches including all add-ons, expansion packs and DLCs, fully updated and working like a charm in WIN10. Plus they come DRM free, meaning you can install them on your desktop and then again on the laptop / notebook / you name it, thus being able to enjoy them when you get to visit your grandparents, who live in a charming little village on the mountains, with no internet available, somewhere... over the rainbow, no questions asked.

Wasteland 2 (Directors Cut) alone is like 25 bucks normal price, and Pillars of Eternity (Definitive Edition) is more than 30 normal price, so the offer was the kind you... can't refuse. Do yourselves a favor and go check them out, the guys deserve every dime spent on their merchandise.

Edit: And I'm not even considering the plethora of available mods.

Edit2: No I'm not going anywhere near their Cyber... duck, or whatever, being a perma-beta-tester for GGG dearest is more than enough for me.
Ἀρχή Σοφίας ἡ τῶν ὀνομάτων ἐπίσκεψις -Ἀντισθένης ἁπλοκύων
Last edited by Nizhidrhamannit on Jan 10, 2021, 3:37:05 PM
Didn't buy much myself this year and haven't had much time to mess around with what I did pick up, as I left for some New Year and birthday travel the day after Christmas. Really enjoying Tin Can though. No chill at all and I love it! Also had Control Ultimate and Titanfall 2 Ultimate gifted to me, but I haven't touched either one yet.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
Yes GOG is great. And I didn't buy Baldur's Gate III because I wanted to wait until they were out of beta

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info