Tencent stock trading to be halted in US soon due to ties with the Chinese military

And Alibaba too. This is huge. I think it means if you are a US shareholder your ADR or whatever gets switched over to the actual stock and when you sell you lose or gain according to currency fluctuation as well as the price of the security.

I mentioned Tencent first for obvious reasons, but possibly there is more invested into Alibaba.
Censored.
Last edited by kolyaboo on Jan 6, 2021, 9:32:38 PM
Last bumped on Jan 11, 2021, 9:53:14 PM
It's being "considered:" [Removed by Support]

The WSJ article was mostly behind a paywall.

[Removed by Support]

In point of fact, it should have been considered much sooner as none of this has ever been a mystery to anyone. That it's being considered now, of all times, pretty much means nothing, though.

It might come up in another six months or so.
Last edited by Kane_GGG on Jan 6, 2021, 11:28:56 PM
More bark than bite.

[Removed by Support]

Last edited by Kane_GGG on Jan 6, 2021, 11:28:16 PM
the new administration won t let it happen .

Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Jan 7, 2021, 2:57:56 AM
As if the US is the only place with money to invest. The main people this should matter to is Americans, and only a small percentage of them at that. Tencent itself will be fine.
Never thought I'd see someone like Mork get RBSed, but that's what happens when you forget this board is supposed to be about Cyberpunk 2077.

I don't see this amounting to much yet, Kol. In hindsight it might be a salvo in the war, about which none of us want to get too specific because of sentence #1 of this post.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
"
Never thought I'd see someone like Mork get RBSed, but that's what happens when you forget this board is supposed to be about Cyberpunk 2077.

I don't see this amounting to much yet, Kol. In hindsight it might be a salvo in the war, about which none of us want to get too specific because of sentence #1 of this post.

Lord Voldemort is a very bitter man. Voldemort purposely sabotage relationship so that Pooh and Eeyore can't be friends.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info