Armor Theme Artwork Feedback

Hello GGG :)

As always, great game, I see a lot effort goes into the game and artwork. Nice work. Just some constructive critique below, if you have got enough buffer to read on please feel free!

The artwork in general is well executed, but lacks enough variety, specifically with plate armor, I will explain. Lets take a look at the very well made core supporter packs currently on offer as a type of example.

Delve Core Support - Well executed. Theme - Dark Chaos
Breach Core Supporter - Well executed. Theme - Dark Chaos
Abyss Core - Well executed. Theme - Dark Chaos
Harvest Core - Well executed. Theme - Dark Chaos
Atlas Core - Well executed. Theme - Dark Chaos

You see, too much of the same thing most of the time, dark, more dark, weird but well made, some angelic but most a combo of cloth and metal, very little western classic. I remember looking a while ago for some western classic armor skins and found none at the time. (One exception is the sin and innocence armor pack)

(The Angelic Armour Set looks cool, just wish i could remove the cloth)

If I can sum it up, the armor packs are dominated by dark chaos and the like, and celts to a slightly lesser degree, but still a lot.

One of the closet western classic sets have giant feather type addon's on it, and if players are enjoying that fantastic! :) But not everyone is after that, some just want some nice, shiny, cool looking armor, classic themed, perhaps with some well placed glowing bits (but no faces please ^^ ) . I understand POE is dark fantasy and artwork makes sense to match, but surely there must be some classic armor somewhere that survived the monsters intact or the like ;D

Also I see a fair amount of armor that could look fair to me, but they get given, celts, and more celts, or some cloth that does dampen the vibe for me. There are a fair number.

Heading back to the main example in this post, for $240 you want to be sure to be get something you want, right now I don't see anything I want to buy in any current core pack option for the large asking price. Again good execution, artwork is fantastic, just not what i'm after as a customer.

Hope this helps. Just my feedback ;) Remember, the artwork was made well. Nice work and all the best for the Christmas and End of Year season!

Thank you for reading the long post. Here's a potato ###
Last edited by Trionite on Dec 30, 2020, 1:18:12 PM
Last bumped on Dec 18, 2020, 3:57:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info