Suggest an Online Card Game

Because MTG is so horribly horribly imbalanced. I just have to take the L on the $300+ of cards I've bought over the years.

Is there a good card game out there?
Last bumped on Jan 21, 2021, 8:36:27 AM
Hearthstone and MTG are about the only real quality online card games that actually play like a card game. At least that's my opinion. Mtg always has times where the balance is kind of iffy but if you wait a few sets it tends to fix itself.
Hearthstone and MTG Arena were gonna be my suggestions.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
I don't know what you consider a good game, but perhaps give Mythgard a try? There are two threads about it here.

It seems to have some balance issues sometimes (small team), but has a lot of features I've heard some other games lack, like in-game tournaments, 2v2, story chapter (more to come), another mode planned IIRC, you can watch your recent games, easily import someone's deck, etc. etc.
The Bother progress: 11%

You don't even imagine how much harm you've caused. I'm not sure I'll live long enough to finish "The Bother". You're one of my murderers. You will never get my forgiveness unless you make up for what you've done.
I used to play Hearthstone in the past. Now I play sports games on https://www.friv5online.com/sports-games for free. Pretty entertaining games that I can play online anytime I want. Great way to kill time.
Last edited by olvs on Jan 15, 2021, 4:51:22 AM
If a single-player experience might interest you, I suggest Monster Train. It's a roguelike deckbuilding game with a little bit of Commander as you pick your champion at the start of the run. Very addicting, but runs out of steam after you've done everything, but it's cheap so no big deal.
This is a buff™
played Hearthstone in the early days, but is was too much "you have to play this, this and this deck to win this seasson". it's so "guided",you know exactly which cards and how to play it, there is no much room for experiments
"
Exile_No6338 wrote:
played Hearthstone in the early days, but is was too much "you have to play this, this and this deck to win this seasson". it's so "guided",you know exactly which cards and how to play it, there is no much room for experiments

precisely

It's a fake card game. Unfortunately the really good card games don't attract enough of a playerbase because people are so used to bad mechanics.

My favorite card game was Krosmoga. It was fun, it was skill based. I might have played 300 games before it shut down. And maybe 10 of them felt like I lost because of bad luck. The rest of the time if I lost I would just have to admit that I was outplayed.

But the game was so different that people couldn't accept it. But anyway in MTG blue/black isn't running as rampant as it was last month so I'm having a lot more fun in the game.

Who else thinks that blue/black is COMPLETELY overpowerd in Random Match making? I mean in tournaments you can prepare for a blue/black opponent. But in random it's just suprise butt sex when you encounter discard/bounce/counterspell decks
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info