Which GPU for new Gaming Setup?

Hey guys,

i would like to buy myself a new gaming setup, but i am not sure which GPU to go for. My first picks were the RTX 3060 / 3070. But i dont really know them and they start go get very expensive. Actually i only play PoE, but maybe this will change with a new Setp.

Other Components

1 x NZXT H510 Elite Window White, Tower-GehäuseTQX40CZG
1 x ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS, MainboardGREAR603
1 x AMD Ryzen 5 5600X, ProzessorHR5A51
1 x Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black, CPU-KühlerHXLU42
1 x Corsair RM650X (2018) 650W, PC-NetzteilTN6V6R03
1 x Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB, SSDIMJM4X07
1 x Corsair DIMM 32 GB DDR4-3200 Kit, Arbeitsspeicher IFIG5U2S

I appreciate any tips and shared experience :)
Last bumped on Dec 9, 2020, 9:59:04 AM
You seem to be dumping quite a lot of money as it is, so I don't know what could go wrong with going for a 3070 at least.

You might need a better power supply btw.. that generation of cpu and gpu should be drawing mid 500s watts on average gameplay. It won't be surprising if that occasionally spikes beyond what that power supply can handle.
Don't know why you aren't going for 3080 with this setup. You actually have better processor than me, no reason to saddle yourself with something below 3080. If money is problem maybe you should go lower on your processor and ram then buy 3060 ti.
I got a couple questions for you before i can give a recommendation. What would you like to use it for, what monitor do you use and what is your resolution? Also what do you want to use it for?

For 1080p gaming, a 3060TI is honestly enough in most cases. A 3080 is only really beneficial with 1440p and up. If you want to be future proof, maybe go for a 3070, but as i said it all depends on your usecase.
First of all, thanks for your replys!

To be honest,the last time I build myself a gaming setup was 6-8 years ago and I need to get myself up to date. Most of the time I play PoE, but with new power I would try some newer games.

Actually my resolution is 1080p, I think to be future proof, 1440p would be nice. It depends a little bit on the required budget.

The choice of the other components is still only an idea.

I will also go for a new Monitor, since I give away my old setup to my family.
Your choice of components was very good already. As someone else said, a bigger power supply for future proofing might be in order (i got a 650w myself). Other than that you can#t really go wrong with a 3070 at 1440p.You will be able to play future releases for a long time with this build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info