Marketplace needs ...

Auto accept

There is a high number of players that are price fixing
Now to counter this we need a option that will auto accept offers when the person puts in the asking price not only this will help speed up the market but will hopefully help stop price fixing .

I believed that this feature will make the game that much more enjoyable

Love to see ya all supporting this

I thankyou for your time taken to read this
Last bumped on Nov 20, 2020, 9:24:10 AM
Unfortunately, for GGG, the fact there is just a sliver of human interaction (as in, actually, physically trading with another character) in a trade is the only thing that keeps bots from ruling this game.

They will not allow any more automation that the ones they are forced to accept because they could do nothing about it (trade sites)
Talking about the market in game not by any site or nothing , something like a buyout price that auto accept when you chose buyout option , just to make it that bit smooth
Precisely what I am talking about.

Putting an item on the official market - Automated (get a Premium Stash tab and you're set OR use a legal 3rd party like Acquisition or Procurement)

Search for an item with certain statistics - Automated-ish (you still need to physically search into a website for specific criteria, but you can automate this with a script)

Ask the seller to buy the item - Automated-ish (You still need to get ingame, open tab and paste your request, but a bot or even a macro can do it with one click. That macro would not even be illegal since you only do 1 action server-wise, that is sending the message. Opening chat and pasting happens on client so it's ok)

The seller accept the request, and trade the item with you - Manual, and it's the only chain that keeps the world from falling - according to GGG.

This digestive read, the Trade Manifesto, may help you understand better what GGG thinks (or thought) about trading as a whole. Long story short - they want trading to be tedious and they are willingly not implementing things to make it easier.

Mind you: I am not saying I don't like the idea of an auto-accept as you proposed - it's actually very relatable and I would really like it to be implemented. I am only showing how this goes against the Manifesto and, thus, it's not probable it would actually be implemented, even as a premium feature.
Last edited by Maxtrux on Nov 19, 2020, 11:20:00 AM
"
Maxtrux wrote:
Precisely what I am talking about.

Putting an item on the official market - Automated (get a Premium Stash tab and you're set OR use a legal 3rd party like Acquisition or Procurement)

Search for an item with certain statistics - Automated-ish (you still need to physically search into a website for specific criteria, but you can automate this with a script)

Ask the seller to buy the item - Automated-ish (You still need to get ingame, open tab and paste your request, but a bot or even a macro can do it with one click. That macro would not even be illegal since you only do 1 action server-wise, that is sending the message. Opening chat and pasting happens on client so it's ok)

The seller accept the request, and trade the item with you - Manual, and it's the only chain that keeps the world from falling - according to GGG.

This digestive read, the Trade Manifesto, may help you understand better what GGG thinks (or thought) about trading as a whole. Long story short - they want trading to be tedious and they are willingly not implementing things to make it easier.

Mind you: I am not saying I don't like the idea of an auto-accept as you proposed - it's actually very relatable and I would really like it to be implemented. I am only showing how this goes against the Manifesto and, thus, it's not probable it would actually be implemented, even as a premium feature.

You know they're talking about the console marketplace right? :P
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
"
Shovelcut wrote:

You know they're talking about the console marketplace right? :P

I, uhm... Did honestly not notice the P sign.
Manifesto hints there is one aspect of PC trading that Console doesn't have, and viceversa, and having both of those complementary aspect apparently will start Ragnarok or something.
Still, the core message is valid - trading is meant to be not easy/smooth, in GGG's eye.
"
The Trade Market

The version of Path of Exile published by Tencent in Mainland China uses the "Trade Market" rather than a system of exposing items via public stash tabs and forum posts for searching on web pages. This system is also in use on the Xbox One version of Path of Exile - as you can imagine, web page searches and textual trade conversations aren't well suited to the controller input of a console.

On the trade market, we're experimenting with the opposite end of the trade spectrum, where it's very easy to complete trades but more difficult to find the exact item you're looking for. You can search broadly by a specific item class or type, but have to look through a lot of search results to find the one you want to make an offer on. This system intentionally makes the search process harder and the trade process easier, for quite a different trade experience. We're not planning to bring it to the international PC version of Path of Exile.

Added emphasis. But GGG seems fine with the transactions being simple for console, they just want the finding of what to buy to be tedious. So the idea of a buy out price could be possible within our realm.

This idea has popped up lots and it has yet to gain any GGG response, that I'm aware of, so it doesn't seem to likely. It would be nice to see some things in place to discourage people from price fixing but it doesn't seem to be a large enough issue for GGG to feel it needs fixing.
The more people that's support we may be successful
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2822987

This is a thread made months ago with more than 100 replies from community, but 0 from GGG.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info