PoE Forum Discussions feels like a daily sitcom xD

Just wanted to share a recent observation

I'm not much of a forum warrior, I'm mostly just someone who likes to read the various thoughts, opinions, and stories of my fellow exiles. So I go to the forums almost once a day just to read up--

And thing is, what do I notice?

Some recurring characters (players), new topics and discussions (by recurring players, or a player that enters the scene to introduce it), and jokes all around (I mean, the reactions of certain people are pretty comical when not taken seriously, some people are obviously being scarcastic and others dont realize that--- and the exchanges from misunderstandings are just hilarious hahaha). Aside from that, the frequency of new posts/threads really do feel like daily episodes of a sitcom. However, although it is entertaining to a degree, there is still valid insight towards the discussions. That in mind, it's one of those better sitcoms where the audience are actually made a ware of the various situation revolving around the game and community; that is if they can get past the miscommunication, scarcasm, double-meanings, and out right misdirection/trolling by some people.

I mean: Give these people a venue maybe a room or a bar, a laugh track, a camera, and just one topic. Make the venue PoE themed, put in the jokers of the forums (you know who you funny people are xD ), and voila! Path of Exile themed Sitcom!

What do you guys think? Do you also find the poe forums a bit entertaining behind all the serious discussions and heated arguments? Or is it just me looking at the brighter side of the stuff again hahaha

Important Note
This post was made just for fun. It was in no way targetting any individuals or groups within the community; I personally really find the discussions really insightful to a degree and some discussions are actually well thought-out. This is one of the reasons I find it entertaining, because I am an avid reader and reading these things entertain me
Act Rush Service~ IGN: Athiana_
Last bumped on Nov 10, 2020, 4:07:38 PM
If it were not for some of the repeated posters, there would not that be that much to read.
There have been some funny threads over the years, and some really bad ones.
We know who the clowns are and the prima donnas too.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
DoubleU wrote:
If it were not for some of the repeated posters, there would not that be that much to read.
There have been some funny threads over the years, and some really bad ones.
We know who the clowns are and the prima donnas too.

^--- This.

But, also...

I am an 'Murican... We are a lost species, drifting in an Ark amidst the "Sea of Covid" during "The Time of Troubles." Each house is its own fort in a dangerous wilderness. The enemy is at every gate. Venturing out into this wilderness is dangerous. It's like some weird vision of the "Walking Dead" television show, but with morbidly obese people screaming "Freedom" and invading other's personal space without wearing a protective mask.

I have nothing to do and nowhere to go. I'm a suburban Robinson Crusoe. So, if a thread appears in a forum I frequent, it's a precious message in a bottle to the outside world... If I can interact with it and contact civilization, maybe the nightmare will end?

I am alive.

I exist.

Therefore, I &4!*post...

:)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info