Way too much atmospheric fog in Alpine Hideout

Basically what the title says. The fog is far too heavy and makes anything that isn't meant to be outdoors look terrible. The following pictures compare being slightly zoomed in to being all the way zoomed out as to show how strong the effect is. Also, alpine could get the glacial treatment and have the ground flattened. As it is, I have to put the ground tile decorations way off to the sides because the ground is uneven, which makes it to where any other kind of ground decoration ends up under the floor and thus unusable.

IGN: WeenieHuttSenior
US East
Last edited by Caustic2 on Oct 19, 2020, 8:19:34 PM
Last bumped on Jan 11, 2021, 2:10:09 PM
I'm in the same boat. Was just beginning to decorate mine, and I thought I had some effects active that were bugging out. Not noticeable with no decorations, but as soon as you make any rooms you can easily tell. Zooming in just one mouse wheel gives you a proper feel, the fog is only at max camera distance, which I'd say 99% of people use. GGG if you could consider looking at this, It's like being in the middle of clouds without the benefit of seeing them.
I'm in the same boat. Was just beginning to decorate mine, and I thought I had some effects active that were bugging out. Not noticeable with no decorations, but as soon as you make any rooms you can easily tell. Zooming in just one mouse wheel gives you a proper feel, the fog is only at max camera distance, which I'd say 99% of people use. GGG if you could consider looking at this, It's like being in the middle of clouds without the benefit of seeing them.

Edit: Also some more feedback, if you spend enough time there, your eyes grow blurry and it's like you just woke up from a nap. I'd say it's a pretty big downside to a place you're supposed to spend a lot of time.

I think more definitive clouds/snowstorm or none would be a good optimization. Or something that lets it start and stop when encountering walls. I'd be interested in seeing the user data for people who use Alpine hideout compared to other hideouts, and this might be a reason why

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info