First time in endgame need help or tips on Freezing Pulse build

So its the first time I actually play past the Epilogue and decided to not follow a guide.

I´m slowly hitting a wall, every higher tier I go everything takes longer to kill and I die faster.

Would love to know if this is salvageable at all.

https://pastebin.com/qkUpqdBJ

This is my POB, I dont know if everythign is there as I imported from my account but I'm running Trickster with CI, use Freezing pulse to clear and ice spear for single dps.

Someone gave me a good tip to move while using arcane cloak! not much mana used but its a nice buff in damage and defense!.

Cheers!

I got banned once for using a very dumb name.

This is a reminder to not use dumb names.
Last bumped on Oct 7, 2020, 7:02:53 PM
"
Nicovaro wrote:
So its the first time I actually play past the Epilogue and decided to not follow a guide.

I´m slowly hitting a wall, every higher tier I go everything takes longer to kill and I die faster.

Would love to know if this is salvageable at all.

https://pastebin.com/qkUpqdBJ

This is my POB, I dont know if everythign is there as I imported from my account but I'm running Trickster with CI, use Freezing pulse to clear and ice spear for single dps.

Someone gave me a good tip to move while using arcane cloak! not much mana used but its a nice buff in damage and defense!.

Cheers!

I don't think freezing pulse trickstar is a good choice, but you can improve your character by using this passive tree: https://pastebin.com/1tQB0f4h
This passive tree has more ES and almost triple DPS against endgame bosses.

I ditched some AoE nodes you took. They are useless because freezing pulse is not an AoE skill.

Use zealotry aura, you need to lower the level of clarity to do this. I changed support gems of freezing pulse as well. For example, Inspiration is suggested to lower the mana cost of freezing pulse.

Your items have a lot of room for improvement. For example, your wand has only 2 good mods (%cold damage and added cold damage to spells). Buy a wand with at least 2 useful mods and craft another mod on the crafting bench. What you want is %cold (or spell) damage, added cold damage to spells, cast speed, crit chance for spells, crit multi and +1 to level to all cold spells.

All items except the wand and body armour should have high amount of ES, but your items have almost no ES now. This is why you die too often; as a CI character you want to have at least 7000 ES.

Using 2 spells for clear and bosses is not generally a good idea since you can't have two 6-link unless you use a staff. Just focus on freezing pulse.

Use a diamond flask, it's a really good DPS boost.

To use arcane cloak, you bind it to the left click or link it with cast when damage taken support.
Last edited by N0esy on Oct 7, 2020, 12:38:15 AM
"
N0esy wrote:

I don't think freezing pulse trickstar is a good choice, but you can improve your character by using this passive tree: https://pastebin.com/1tQB0f4h
This passive tree has more ES and almost triple DPS against endgame bosses.

I ditched some AoE nodes you took. They are useless because freezing pulse is not an AoE skill.

Use zealotry aura, you need to lower the level of clarity to do this. I changed support gems of freezing pulse as well. For example, Inspiration is suggested to lower the mana cost of freezing pulse.

Your items have a lot of room for improvement. For example, your wand has only 2 good mods (%cold damage and added cold damage to spells). Buy a wand with at least 2 useful mods and craft another mod on the crafting bench. What you want is %cold (or spell) damage, added cold damage to spells, cast speed, crit chance for spells, crit multi and +1 to level to all cold spells.

All items except the wand and body armour should have high amount of ES, but your items have almost no ES now. This is why you die too often; as a CI character you want to have at least 7000 ES.

Using 2 spells for clear and bosses is not generally a good idea since you can't have two 6-link unless you use a staff. Just focus on freezing pulse.

Use a diamond flask, it's a really good DPS boost.

To use arcane cloak, you bind it to the left click or link it with cast when damage taken support.

I see, I know I have to upgrade my gear but it hasnt been easy finding a good yellow!

Got a look at the POB you sent me and it looks very good! I'll respec and try it!. Realized you took ghost reaver but took away the ES leech nodes, I dont understand ES leech because it didnt seem too good so I guess it makes sense.

Thank yo uvery much!
I got banned once for using a very dumb name.

This is a reminder to not use dumb names.
try using the trade page on the website. you can search for a particular base type and mods.
"
Nicovaro wrote:

Realized you took ghost reaver but took away the ES leech nodes, I dont understand ES leech because it didnt seem too good so I guess it makes sense.
Thank yo uvery much!

In general, you don't need multiple sources of "% of damage leeched as ES". This is because each hit heals you 2% of your ES per second, and more "% of damage leeched as ES" just increases the duration of the heal. If you have decent damage, the duration of leech is long enough no matter how small your %ES leech is.

By default, ES leech instances can stack up to 5 times, giving you 10% of max ES healed per second. By taking Ghost Reaver, they can stack up to 10 times, resulting in 20% of max ES healed per second. This is why I took Ghost Reaver but ditched excess ES leech nodes. One ES leech node (Soul Thief) is enough.
Last edited by N0esy on Oct 7, 2020, 7:03:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info