(ED Contagion) Help in making my build do more damage

Hello everyone,

I hope someone can help me to fix my build to do more damage, and maybe some more tankiness,

Link: https://pastebin.com/qMDMgDuc

Thanks in advance for any help provided.
Last bumped on Oct 6, 2020, 9:04:16 PM
thats link is just a pastebin full of text what do you expect me to do
"
chesse20 wrote:

It is a PoB pastebin....
"
chesse20 wrote:

You can paste the link (Import the build) i provided in Path of Building Community Fork to see the deep details about my build.
Something something don't go CI.

CI ed trickster is a very strong build for one thing: rushing in HC, especially in ssf. Its base power with no investment is strong, giving you a fast and tanky character that doesn't set you back too much if you die with it in HC. Most of the power comes from the gems and tree, there really isn't any requirement to get it going. This is also why it's considered a good leaguestarter.

But for softcore trade, I really wouldn't recommend it anymore. My thoughts are that ED's damage ceiling is relatively low no matter the investment, so you may as well boost your tankyness.

One option is to go lowlife. It's by far the best way to scale damage, isn't very expensive and still offers a very fast playstyle. Havoc's guide is very well written and should help you there.
Tankyness wise, it's a squishy alternative, but it's still an ES build, so it'll have a large enough health pool to feel comfortable against oneshots (ED's regen makes anything else trivial anyways). Honnestly, if you're not using a ES on block shield, I don't even know how lowlife would be squishier than your current CI setup.

The other main option is to stack dodge. You'd want to use an ED bow for damage (scaling gem levels), and stack dodge/evasion chance. To prevent oneshots, mind over matter + Eldritch battery is a very strong option popularised by ghazzy a few years ago, reaching 7k+ ehp pretty easily. This is a much tankyer playstyle, but is rougher to gear for as gear progression isn't as smooth. The dps ceiling isn't MUCH lower than lowlife, but lowlife gets its damage scaling mechanics way earlier, making it a much better choice for "budget" damage.
I personally prefer this, but this is probably my biased opinion as I made my own guide for this setup.
"
Darkxellmc wrote:
Something something don't go CI.

CI ed trickster is a very strong build for one thing: rushing in HC, especially in ssf. Its base power with no investment is strong, giving you a fast and tanky character that doesn't set you back too much if you die with it in HC. Most of the power comes from the gems and tree, there really isn't any requirement to get it going. This is also why it's considered a good leaguestarter.

But for softcore trade, I really wouldn't recommend it anymore. My thoughts are that ED's damage ceiling is relatively low no matter the investment, so you may as well boost your tankyness.

One option is to go lowlife. It's by far the best way to scale damage, isn't very expensive and still offers a very fast playstyle. Havoc's guide is very well written and should help you there.
Tankyness wise, it's a squishy alternative, but it's still an ES build, so it'll have a large enough health pool to feel comfortable against oneshots (ED's regen makes anything else trivial anyways). Honnestly, if you're not using a ES on block shield, I don't even know how lowlife would be squishier than your current CI setup.

The other main option is to stack dodge. You'd want to use an ED bow for damage (scaling gem levels), and stack dodge/evasion chance. To prevent oneshots, mind over matter + Eldritch battery is a very strong option popularised by ghazzy a few years ago, reaching 7k+ ehp pretty easily. This is a much tankyer playstyle, but is rougher to gear for as gear progression isn't as smooth. The dps ceiling isn't MUCH lower than lowlife, but lowlife gets its damage scaling mechanics way earlier, making it a much better choice for "budget" damage.
I personally prefer this, but this is probably my biased opinion as I made my own guide for this setup.

Appreciate your response, but I'm trying to boost my damage while being CI and using wand and shield, I was thinking about switching to bow, but that will cost me many respcs, so thats why I'm avoiding big switching.
"
GreyHat101 wrote:
I'm trying to boost my damage while being CI and using wand and shield, I was thinking about switching to bow, but that will cost me many respcs
Well, the ways to boost your damage with CI and with a shield are limited and fairly expensive. 1 is to get atziri's reflection and coward's legacy belt and spec pain attunement for damage boost. Both uniques are expensive especially shield. 2nd is to get a double corrupted chest that will give you boost to ED level. That's also not very easy to get.

Like this guy: https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/Roeko92/QwertyFirst

If you're especially rich you can get +4 levels to ED on chest: https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/ikordan/kordan_BOP

Another example, with skin of the loyal: https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/문보석/Heistboseok

I think respeccing will actually cost you much less. But the option is out there.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info