Nenet looks different on a dialogue picture.

I'm enjoying this new league very much, and look forward to new additions to character development.
There's a small inconsistency that bothers me a bit(whether it was intended or not) when i engage in a dialogue with Nenet the scout, her window picture art looks different than her appearance in game,according to the story she is of maraketh origin and has scars/tattoos on her chin and a dark skin tone , yet the art window shows a bright skinned character without any marks on the chin.
Would be nice to have some consistency on that part...
Last bumped on Oct 5, 2020, 3:55:08 PM
I noticed this too, and it's so different from the other artwork, that I'm suspecting it's intentional.

All the artwork I've seen, like on the loading screen and on the backgrounds of the website, as well as what you can see from her 3d model, shows her with some pretty grotesque looking makeup/tattoos, and what looks like scarring on her face.

When she is introduced, the characters talked about how she covers her face, and something was mentioned along the lines of her mother abandoning her for the same reason she covers her face.
Other character dialogue mentions she was left in the desert as a child.

Edit: Just checked the dialogue again, and Adiyah says she is from a group of people who were Maraketh children that were left to die in the desert for being unworthy or flawed.

I think the obvious conclusion is that she was born with deformities that made her either unfit to survive, or live a decent life in her society and that infanticide/exile is mercy in their culture.

Now I'm not sure, but her face isn't really that well covered in the artwork we see, but maybe it's assumed, for whatever reason, that our player characters can't see as much of her face as we do. Perhaps the image we see when interacting with her is how our character imagines or sees her, and not how she actually looks, or perhaps there is some kind of magical means of altering how she is perceived. She is skilled in Perception and Counter-Thaumaturgy, which I assume would mean she could use magic, and combine them to make the illusion.
"The world is an illusion, Exile"

Or it's just a leftover of concept design that never got updated.
Who knows.
Last edited by Chthonian on Oct 3, 2020, 3:52:31 PM
https://web.poecdn.com/image/layout/heist-bg.jpg

already downloaded the img as wallpaper file BTW
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
"
Chthonian wrote:
I noticed this too, and it's so different from the other artwork, that I'm suspecting it's intentional.

Now I'm not sure, but her face isn't really that well covered in the artwork we see, but maybe it's assumed, for whatever reason, that our player characters can't see as much of her face as we do.
She is skilled in Perception and Counter-Thaumaturgy, which I assume would mean she could use magic, and combine them to make the illusion.

Or it's just a leftover of concept design that never got updated.
Who knows.

I did listen to all the lore, and was thinking something along the lines, would be spooky and cool i guess, also wanted to see if any of ggg would confirm this.
Last edited by evil_niki on Oct 5, 2020, 3:55:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info