Many character effect and aura MTX look too static

I think this is particularly obvious with the new Temple Character Effect MTX. Given that the effect consists of holy sigils rising from the ground, it would intuitively make sense that as you move around, already-created holy sigils continue rising from the same spot they were created rather than following you around. Yet, they don't, and the overall effect is very artificial and jarring, ruining a nice effect.

I have the same criticism of most aura MTX as well. Many aura effects are basically magical objects orbiting the player character. When the player character starts moving around from rest, one would expect that the shape of the objects' orbit to elongate in the opposite direction of movement due to inertia as the objects "catch up" with the moving player character, and when the player comes to rest the objects should "overshoot" a little before returning to their "at rest" orbits. Yet, they usually don't and the effect resembles what happens in the Coriolis Effect but without initial inertia to make the effect believable. A visual example of what I am criticising is the Stygian Aura Effect.

Could whichever team responsible for visual effects look into implementing some way for objects in MTX to simulate how one would intuitively expect these objects to behave with respect to the player characters' actions based on our world's physical laws?

Edit: missing word
Last edited by thief22122 on Sep 29, 2020, 11:26:21 PM
Last bumped on Sep 29, 2020, 11:25:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info