Ps4 Harvest Experience and Overall Review

This league I managed to be first 64-69lvl character on ssf, being in top 10/20 with my first character for few days, leveled second character to lvl 90 yet again going to top20 in only 2 days. (these are my biggest achievements up to day and no other ingame challanges/achievements were so impactfull on my mood).

Been playing poe ps4 version for almost two years now, fan of poe for 5 years now i guess. These all things might or not mean anything for a reader, just wanted to tell you that i have a lot of experiance with the game, some knowledge about console bugs/problems and how developers were fixing them with time. I seen best and worst days of poe ps4 port. I cried and I laught, what an emotional rollercoaster it was.

Lets start with this league problems:
For first two days there was no ladder, it was a blind man's race. (only top10 had it) I dont even guys. I know many people don't care about being in top50/100/200 but its fun way to challange yourself. It was really a deal breaker for me.

Heist is crashing every 3 instances or less, same goes with maps. After going to 84lvl and 90lvl i crashed more than 100 times. Its not about experiance or loot lost, its about performance of the poe port. I am not even mad, i knew that all those people above or below me in ladder are crashing around same amount of times and we are still going forward. Such resilience!! (did not try grand heist)

Best way I found to crash less in maps is to skip all league mechanics that were added with time and also locking conquerors is a good idea. Not using skill gems that uses many projectiles, not using flame dash. Sound is good if you are not using fire/cold based skill gems. Playerbase is kinda left with bones of the game in late mapping or they expect to crash often.

This was my experience of the league and now goes my review of almost 2 years of gameplay:

Every league mechanic was unplayable at some point in the game. It worked allright, but it was not playable. Longer loading times, lags, crashes, broken textures made them unplayable, but you know... It worked. So i guess it was a nice way how they went pass through testers. It simply works. Community and me are yet again surprised how could this happen once again, it's mindblowing and shocking.

Bugs here and there were fixed within a week or two, but biggest problem with said bugs that they were not there 1 month ago. It's like they create the problem and they fix it, late game crashing and lagging was never addressed with these fixes. Developers are in the fixing loop for more than a year, they add something and they fix problems that arise from them. They can't make a lot of qol improvements because of this, controls are all over the place, but you know... It works.

After all this time it makes no sense to trust ggg with future quality of port or leagues. We can't do core content without crashes/etc. There is no point of adding new mechanics on top of it.
I and most of us(i hope) would be more happy having only one no crash/stable standart league.
In future i am planning to get back to poe pc gaming. I cant recommend port to anyone, late game crashes will not be fixed or will return with time. All this crash reporting makes no sense if all problems come back or they are not fixed at all, i dont think that developers even care about t10+ problems. This happened with all leagues, story just repeats itself.

TLTR: it was crashing for two years now, nothing changed and nothing will. Dont act surprised.

P.s. no spellcheck, sorry for any mistakes made. Keep sane.
"Fix it soon becaise beong locked out of my wealth and my character puts a hold on me trading and bartering to increase my wealth" - Nameless Forum Poster.
Last bumped on Sep 29, 2020, 11:59:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info