What do you all suggest?

So I'm looking into building a new tower, I have a graphics card and power supply already but I am by far not the most knowledgeable with computer stuff.

I was looking for a case to start with that's really not over $100 cause I just don't wanna spend several hundred on a case. What do you all use or suggest for a case to start with?
Last bumped on Sep 23, 2020, 8:03:42 PM
"
Br00ksy wrote:
So I'm looking into building a new tower, I have a graphics card and power supply already but I am by far not the most knowledgeable with computer stuff.

I was looking for a case to start with that's really not over $100 cause I just don't wanna spend several hundred on a case. What do you all use or suggest for a case to start with?

Idk about what models are out there now, but lemme tell ya what NOT to get in a case.

a) Air filters behind case fans that can only be removed by unscrewing and removing the side panels, AND then unscrewing and releasing the drive bay drawers.

b) A metal lip around the bottom of the rear case that prevents you from seating the power supply in properly, so you cannot put your case on a swivel, because the power supply is loose and will slide and tilt. Now, everything is securely plugged and snaplocked in, but after a few excursions inside your case, some pins gonna get bent.

So if at any time your plan includes looking at Antec cases, make sure you don't go home with the 1200 it is a constant chore to keep dusted and ventilated.

Oh and both the USB ports and the audio/mic jacks in the top front bevel of the case are choked with dust. Design a socket so it's not facing directly upward, in the side wake of the largest fan on the case.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info