Heist Patch full redownload?

Jeff_GGG posted that parts of the 3.11.2 patch for PC already exist on console, while others will be rolled into the Heist launch patch (3.12.0).

Will Heist require a full redownload on Console, like the 3.11.2 patch for PC?

If so, that is severely disheartening, unless you provide us with a way to pre-load the patch in the background or something.

Depending on when the patch is made available, a full redownload for league start would give players with very fast internet connections a huge advantage, and could potentially cause lots of other problems.

IIRC, previous league patches have been released mere hours before league start. With a full redownload, some players may need 10 hours or more to acquire the patch. And that assumes that the servers don't get swamped with all the downloads.

I hope that GGG is already taking this into consideration. If not, I hope that they will, now that it has been brought up.

If Jeff or someone else from GGG can respond to this, it would alleviate some apprehension.
Last bumped on Sep 10, 2020, 1:21:29 AM
I agree, we should definitely be able to predownloaded league start patches so we can all compete on an even playing field. This has been an issue in past leagues as well. It really stinks to log in on league start after a 6 hour plus download and see that someone else was the first to reach Kitava.
Hello,

Consoles will require a large re-download come the launch of Heist due to the better texture quality change, and the way packing the data is being done. Sadly there's no way for this to be avoided; there will be a few hour period where the download of Heist patch 3.12.0, will be available prior to the league going live.
"
Jeff_GGG wrote:
Hello,

Consoles will require a large re-download come the launch of Heist due to the better texture quality change, and the way packing the data is being done. Sadly there's no way for this to be avoided; there will be a few hour period where the download of Heist patch 3.12.0, will be available prior to the league going live.

Please consider giving us more time. Not everyone has 100Mb Internet.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info