Downsides for harvest being removed

First off, the obvious drawback is crafting withdraw. There is going to be a player drop off after this league because of that. The more subtle problem is player interaction. Harvest greatly incentives players to interact with other players via trading crafts. Creating a stronger more tight nit community. I fear the next league will really take a big hit to the player population.

My suggestion

This is probably not possible untill poe 2, but I'll lay it out there. I'd suggest incorporating these crafts into a guild system. There would be a guild "Hideout" with a crafting bench for each type of harvest craft. To unlock the bench, the guild as a whole would have to kill elder say 1000 times. Once the bench for a specific craft type was unlocked, each time you kill elder from now on, it would reward you with 1 use of that designated bench.

Examples

Kill uber elder 1,000 times - Unlock crit bench
Kill cirus A8 1,000 times - Unlock influence bench
Kill delve boss 500 times - Unlock speed bench
Kill baran 4,000 times - Unlock Physical bench
Kill shaper 1,000 times - Unlock defence bench
Kill elder 1,000 times - Unlock Life bench
Kill 10,000 red beast - Unlock Link bench

Etc
Last edited by xDARKKNIGHTx09 on Aug 2, 2020, 10:38:20 AM
Last bumped on Aug 6, 2020, 11:14:27 PM
"
First off, the obvious drawback is crafting withdraw. There is going to be a player drop off after this league because of that. The more subtle problem is player interaction. Harvest greatly incentives players to interact with other players via trading crafts. Creating a stronger more tight nit community. I fear the next league will really take a big hit to the player population.

My suggestion

This is probably not possible untill poe 2, but I'll lay it out there. I'd suggest incorporating these crafts into a guild system. There would be a guild "Hideout" with a crafting bench for each type of harvest craft. To unlock the bench, the guild as a whole would have to kill elder say 1000 times. Once the bench for a specific craft type was unlocked, each time you kill elder from now on, it would reward you with 1 use of that designated bench.

Examples

Kill uber elder 1,000 times - Unlock crit bench
Kill cirus A8 1,000 times - Unlock influence bench
Kill delve boss 500 times - Unlock speed bench
Kill baran 4,000 times - Unlock Physical bench
Kill shaper 1,000 times - Unlock defence bench
Kill elder 1,000 times - Unlock Life bench
Kill 10,000 red beast - Unlock Link bench

Etc

Your examples could work on standard.. But surely they can't on leagues.. Unless I'm missing something who the f*** is going to kill 1000 Uber Elder and 1000 shaper and 1000 Sirus in a league time? Lol

Harvest won't go core in this state, you can bet whatever you want on that.
It's the most broken mechanic ever released in this game.
If you think that they removed eternal orbs because they were too powerful (and they go for a couple of mirrors more or less at the moment on pc).. I mean eternal orbs are a joke compared to harvest crafting.

They will probably make some kind of deterministic crafting into core some day.
But nothing remotely comparable to the brokness of Harvest.
Last edited by Asra101010 on Aug 3, 2020, 7:07:25 PM
Not one person, the entire guild combined. 100 people in guild, 10 kills per player.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info