Jumbled Text example

"
Jumbled Text: Currently investigating; restarting the client should fix it in the meantime

I've encountered the issue recently and this time it seems explainable, so just letting you know:

Normally I start PoE client in conventional windowed mode at 1440:900 resolution, right after the window focused it's automatically resized to 1920:860 borderless (by removing WS_CAPTION and WS_THICKFRAME styles)
Periodically I switch from the 1920:860 "windowed" to the 1920:1080 "fullscreen" window mode.

While in 1920:1080 mode I got this:
Spoiler

After switching to 1920:860 it's fixed.
Spoiler

I assume the text got unintentionally changed during window resize process. Seems like the client handles WM_SIZING message in some weird way and text render system has write access to the displayed text buffer.
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Last edited by a_z0_9 on Jul 26, 2020, 6:14:56 AM
Last bumped on Jul 31, 2020, 6:23:51 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I could be wrong on this and I don't have a source other than my own experience so I apologize but I believe this to be a client side memory issue, when I have this happen I just restart the client and it resolves.
☼ Unlock Sandwraith Map mod Tracker Thread #3461595
☼ Remove Deli Music Option #3450767
☼ Improve Beastiery Window beast/trading Management #3380585
☼ Add option to upgrade regular tabs to quads from store #3452458
☼ Buying Veiled Scarabs On Standard 2c Per 24/7 #3508339
"
KingExodusGG wrote:
I could be wrong on this and I don't have a source other than my own experience so I apologize but I believe this to be a client side memory issue, when I have this happen I just restart the client and it resolves.

This is also what GGG DEV's say --> restart client and then it's fixed.
Sounds possible that it could be a memory thing.....

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info