Fireball Ignite - Cast when channeling - Help needed

Hey Guys & Gals, this is my first real attempt at a build, i hope you have some feedback for me.

The Idea behind this build is to clear mid-tier Maps quickly to gather seeds and get the 10k Map Tiers for the Challenge. So, this build is not supposed to kill Endgame bosses or do anything wild.
I always wanted to play a fireball CI build, this is my attempt at it.

Offense

The main skills are 2 fireball groups which will be cast via triggers. Movement and channeling skills will trigger both. I like the idea of spamming my screen with projectiles, so that's what i am doing.

The first fireball is inside a "trigger when you use a skill" staff with a focus on burning damage. The cooldown for the trigger is ~4s which is also the burn duration.

The second fireball will be cast on channeling, and will deal regular damage and with immolate support deal extra damage as the enemies should be burning already.

To trigger the "Cast on channeling" i plan to use scorching ray which can be used on map bosses to expose fire and deal additional burning damage.

Another channeling skill i plan on using is charged dash. This will be triggering both fireball groups and also move on release. I have played a charged dash Raider before and it was a lot of fun zooming around and it was really easy to dodge stuff as you are constantly moving.

I scale fire damage, burning damage and damage over time to get the most out of all the fire skills and burn damage. If I understand the mechanics correctly, the burning damage from scorching ray and the fireball ignite will stack, but fireball ignites will not.
The Pyre Unique Ring will add a pretty big amount of increased burning damage. The other ring slot will be used by a "curse with flammability on hit" ring. Considering the multiple plrojectiles and their AoE, most monsters should get cursed with the first volley that hits.

So basically i imagine the build playing like this: Running and flame dashing around the map, shooting burning fireballs every 4 seconds. If a pack needs clearing, i will channel charged dash or scorching ray in the general direction, thus spamming regular fireballs and the eventuall burning fireball.

Defense

The build lacks proper defense and i am not planning on making it especially tanky. Taking CI is just for fun, because i always wanted to play a CI build. There is some ES leech in the build and i hope clearing packs from afar is enough to have the ES recharge sufficiently.
On top of that, there is a block chance via the staff and Rumi's Concoction.

I considered taking (vaal) molten shell, which will be on left-click, and grant more eHP most of the time. Any tips on how to improve defences will be appreciated.

Auras
The Auras will be
- Vaal Haste > for zoomies
- Discipline > to get more ES
- Herald of Ice > there was unreserved Mana which I might as well spend

PoB Pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/YzEqXsFs
Last bumped on Jul 13, 2020, 11:55:58 AM
Alright, alright.
Sorry if this is harsh, but this is awful. Your choices don't make much sense, and this will absolutely not be a viable, even less a fast one. I'll go over some things, but honnestly, pretty much everything in there should be redone. You seem to not yet have much understanding of the game mechanics.

Don't get me wrong: It's really cool that you're trying to make offmeta fun builds. You're trying, and you're at the right place for some feedback. That's how you'll succeed. But you're not there yet.

0 - Lay out what you want to do. You did this well: You want an ignite fireball trickster, moving around with charged dash to autotrigger fireballs. That's pretty memey, but why not.

1 - Research the mechanics you'll use. If it's ignite, do some research on how to scale ignite damage. You clearly missed this part. Go on the wiki, to the page https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Ignite. Read it, and make sure you understand what you're doing. Here are huge mistakes you did:
- Added flat damage to attacks don't apply to fireball. Fireball is a spell, not an attack.
- Chaos conversion doesn't apply to damage over time
- Don't invest in both ES leech and recovery. Choose a recovery mechanic, and scale it. Don't pick a bit of everything, that doesn't work. Leech is not very good for dot builds anyways, just remove all leech related nodes.
- herald of ice... What's the point? Even unreserved mana is better. Seriously, think about it for a moment. What does herald of ice actually give you? Flat cold damage and explosions when you shatter. You don't shatter becasue you don't crit, so the explosion part is useless. You don't benefit from flat cold, becasue only flat fire scales your ignite damage. I really want to know why you thought HoI was a great fit here. Flesh and stone in sand stance is a MUCH better choice.
- How are you going to trigger the CwC in your chect with scorching ray in your gloves and charged dash in your boots?...

2 - Your tree pathing is very inefficient. To make a good tree, you should, in order:
- List the nodes you 100% want. In your case, that's CI, EO, EE
- Make a skeleton tree that pathes to them
- Branch off of it to take the good notables (heart of flames, growth and decay...)
- take only efficient nodes. In a wheel, most of the wheel power is on the notable at the end of it. you do NOT want to take the whole wheel, as you currently do. Take only the most efficient/point path.
- Make sure you do not spend unessessary points on travel nodes. Points are an opportunity cost, you're spending resources for nothing there. This kind of pathing should not exist:

3 - Plan for something you'll easily reach. No, you're not going to be level 98, and have a +5 fire staff. This is completely unrealistic. You'll use a random shitty rare staff, and you'll be level 85.

4 - Don't pick random support gems that look good. You are trying to scale your ignite damage. Pick the best gems to scale ignite damage. No, fire penetration isn't a good fit here. To do this efficiently, sort then by ignite dps in PoB, and just pick the first one.

5 - understand your ascendancy. For a CI ignite build, trickster is a really good choice. But your lab points should be: Patient reaper, prolonged pain, ghost dance and escape artist. Harness the void LITERALLY GIVES YOU NOTHING.
If you don't understand how ascendancy passives work, read the wiki, and try to understand why they are good and what they bring. Escape artist, for exemple, allows you to scale evasion on your chest to reach much higher ES number than you could with a vaal regalia. Since you'll have high evason on top of your ES, it synergises vey well with ghost dance.

These are just a few points. Anyways. Your build idea is fine, but you clearly don't have the game knowledge to make it in an actual working character.
Honnestly, I'd advise you to try and build a much more classic setup yourself (just regular self cast fireball for example, that's much simpler to undersand). Then, once you understand how the mechanics of your build work, move on to more complex and fun stuff.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info