(SKILLS) Joystick layout suggestion: carousel or bumpers and triggers for skills

Hi. I've been playing this game for years and one thing bothers me. I wish that the skills shortcuts could be used without having to hold RT or LT.

I want to press RT/LT and just use the skills set to these buttons without having to hold the triggers, so every time I press one of these buttons it will change to the 4 skills attached to them.

I know that, by doing this, the 4 main skills will be lost (the ones that don't require pressing another button).

But you could make a way to scroll between those 3 layouts (like if it was a carousel): the main one, the LT one and the RT one.

At least make that an option for players like me.

Thanks!

Edit: better yet. We could have 8 skills right away using bumpers, triggers and x/a/y/b, as suggested by K1LL_0.

Potions can be mapped to dpad instead and the triggers used to skills (Lt for one skill and rt for one skill)
Last edited by rafoca on Jun 28, 2020, 8:04:15 PM
Last bumped on Jun 28, 2020, 4:09:14 PM
"
rafoca wrote:
Hi. I've been playing this game for years and one thing bothers me. I wish that the skills shortcuts could be used without having to hold RT or LT.

I want to press RT/LT and just use the skills set to these buttons without having to hold the triggers, so every time I press one of these buttons it will change to the 4 skills attached to them.

I know that, by doing this, the 4 main skills will be lost (the ones that don't require pressing another button).

But you could make a way to scroll between those 3 layouts (like if it was a carousel): the main one, the LT one and the RT one.

At least make that an option for players like me.

Thanks!

Yes this is actually so important. GGG has little to no experience with console gaming and completely missed the mark with the controller scheme. Any build that requires more than 4 skills that need to be in first bar is actually so terrible to play. Rather than holding RT LT it should just be LT+X or LT+^ LF+SQUARE ETC ETC, even r1+r2 RT+LF this is so fucking common of a thematic for controls but yet GGG didn't do any research. Holding RT+ button is terrible it creates more mistakes, and you cant see your cooldowns at all, if you used COMBO buttons like you see in many ARPGS and 2d fighting games you could have your skills listed at the bottom and solving CD problem. Furthermore I HATE flasks on r1+L1 I want my main skill on L1 or R1 so that I can use my thumbs to use other abilities without having to STOP. Its utterly ridiculous how incompotent this port has been. I could write so much on what this ACTUALLY needs but its clearly evident that these technical aspects of gaming is completely beyond there capacity and ontop of that, we have 1 community manager and no direct contact with console devs. Its a fucking ghost town and to make they effort of telling them EXACTLY what is proper for a console port would be a wasted effort.This game will die on this port and they will bleed money eventually if not already.
Last edited by K1LL_0 on Jun 28, 2020, 3:55:11 PM
Exactly, man! I've been noticing that over the years, path of exile has grown in terms of content, but quality of life improvements, such as the ones we are asking here, are very rare.

The control schematics are bad.

I mean, when you boot the game, it tells you that in order to let your game open to friends, you have to press right stick + up on dpad. Like what?

I agree that using potions with the bumpers are bad. Let these buttons for skills!

We could have 8 skills using bumpers, triggers and x/a/y/b.

It would be even better than the carousel I mentioned.

It's better having 8 skills like that than 12 the way they are right now

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info